cancer special and some thoughts on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cancer special and some thoughts on it

I am watching stand up 2 cancer. Making me cry and I realize it is a horrible disease, but I am also a little angry cause they took our color of orange. I am not an orange fan anyway,but it is the MS color. Now they have it on the cancer special.

Again I know it is horrible but I am tired of cancer being the only disease people seem to care about. Of course, the possibility of dying from your disease is far worse than my pain and funny walking, but I just had to vent and everyone else would think I am heartless.

thanks for reading. and I am not really a non caring person just a little irked right now.

Jdy sz

I get it Judy. I don't think you are heartless.

Comment

What if our "colors" were gray-tone? White shading to black could symbolize how we're all the same but different (same Dx different Sx).

Comment

There are so many colors for so many sad diseases and fund raisers no one can possible keep up.

The ms society gave out red arm bracelets at pharmacies for donation a few years back, I dont think one color is for any one thing for long.

I think the only ones that stuck are armstrongs yellow band ( I think he trademarked that color for fund raising) and the pink stuff or breast cancer.

Honestly putting a color on a disease isnt really a big deal, Suffering is suffering... cancer is such a prominant ugly thing did you heart the stats 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will face some form of it!?

Thats most of us! When its us or someone we love then we will prob' not think twice about ms.

Just my two cents but everyone is different

Comment

Sloth is right...only so many colors of Crayola. We used to share with heart disease and AIDS. We've been sharing with leukemia since we got orange. Back when some people used the irridescent sparkly kinda stuff, we shared with autism, who then moved on to puzzle pieces. Gray belongs to brain cancer.

I totally get what you mean. It's hard to make a distinction when you have to share with a much more common and deadly disease.

Very few diseases or causes have a color that says the same thing to everyone,though. The only one I can thnk of is pink for breast cancer. Even Lance's yellow is shared by serving military support. People always ask anyway, which gives you a better chance to educate or fundraise if you are so inclined.

I wouldn't say you were heartless at all.

Comment

Working...
          X