Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrating the trip off of Limbo Island :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrating the trip off of Limbo Island :)

DH and I came back from his neuro appointment. He is now MS official.

DH had seen this neurologist 5 years ago after his third ON. At the time, he had no other symptoms, had one or two lesions on the MRI, and clean VEP, BAER, and blood work.

He had an episode this summer that landed him in the ER and had an MRI done that showed multiple lesions. That is what started the MS train again.

The neuro said he had increased tone based on his exam. He stated there was definite progression in the MRI and with symptoms that there was no need for further tests...although I think he wants a spinal MRI at some point.

DH will go back in January for follow up and we need to decide within the next few weeks which medication he will take. He gave us the CRABE and Copaxone KITS (the one is leatherbound!) to look over and use those to make a decision.

While I hate to be here, I am so glad the looming DX is no longer looming. Want to just deal with it and not have a freak out every time things go wrong.
    DH - RRMS (DX 9/10/10), GERD, Asthma
    Me - RA, Sjogren's, Joint replacement queen
    DS - T1 Diabetes, Seizures, Asthma

I like your attitude, celebrating an end to not knowing what is going on, to moving on toward treatment and the future.

(((Hugs)))) to you and your family!

Comment

Hi Shandi....

I KNOW it can be a long hard twisty road, I see you heading for exit 51 for the Rest Area, YOU and YOUR DH have EARNED a rest break......

(now get your butts into Rest Area 51)

I chose Copaxone for several reasons.

-1- SIDE effects, least of any.

-2- Shots are like my insulin shots, so going from 5x/day to 6x/day, its just another jab in my human pincushion. I don't like IM shots, been there done that before. (B-12)

-3- For me and my cog fog its easier to be on a regular DAILY schedule instead of 3x week etc. So its every day about 9pm, no question of what day it is......Ha Ha.

Doc Gomer we'll keep the lights on 4 ya

Comment

I am so glad your DH is out of limbo. I know it is a good feeling to know what is going on.

I am glad that you can look at treatment and move on with life. Lots of (((((hugs)))))

Let us know how things are going.

Comment

I only had symptoms for about 4 months before I was Dx. I have heard horror stories of it taking years. I agree with you that knowing is better than not knowing. Now you can get on with it. Good Luck.
          Webbles

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down (much)

Comment

lol it's a bit of a horror story for me taken me years to get any kind of answers so many sx,s but nothing to answer to always comes up empty; but I think one more year then I will know. so glad you off the island and know what the heck is going on now. Hugs to you both.
            Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

Glad you and your Husband got some news and that he can finally start getting some help and tx. Hope everything goes well.

Comment

Working...
              X