Vitamin D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitamin D

There has been alot of press about Vitamin D and relation to MS, my sister even called me about it, The following day had the appointment with General Doctor, and had that on my list. Well she brought it up, my labs showed Really low Vitamin D, and put me on it, my energy is through the roof.
    Could be the weather too, being cooler, but a simple vitamin, talk to your doctors.

There are alot of threads and information about D here if you use the search. And, if you google vitamin D and MS you will find it has been a topic for a long time.

Glad it has been good for you!

Justacowgirl
    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

I just up my dose to 2000 units a day. I been really fatigued where all summer I hardly slept. I guess it's catching up. I was supposed to have a test done but when I read the lab sheet it wasn't on there only vit b levels. I didn't really want to start taking vit d until I had the blood test just to see where it was at. But Since I have hardly been int the sun at all this year I decided to start taking it and it was suggested by my dr. But I still want to know what my level was like.
      I am wanting to be able to get through the day with out the extream cog fog by noon. I take a long long, nap in the afternoong till 6 pm as well as sleeping in till 10 am. That can't be good, it's crazy. I am begging for some energy. I would just love to be full of energy like I used to when I was 20. lol any one else sleep that long in the afternoon Its hard to get any thing done around here.
      Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

I was tested about 6 weeks ago and my level was low, 19. Started the prescription dose of 50,000 units per week, and will be retested in the near future.

I became very energized taking the first dose, then become expecially tired at the end of the week. This has been a pattern for the last 6 weeks.

I'm disappointed that I am not feeling better, and am so up and down with fatigue and overall feeling lousy. I guess I had expected more. I'm probably too impatient.

Comment

My Neuro told me to take 5k/day but after reading and speaking with a naturapath, I take 10k - no calcium suppliment. It depends on where your levels are. But even 5k will be fine. It's the most important and cheapest way to protect oneself. If anyone is not on VitaminD, you should research it. There are some links on my page if you click on my name.

Comment

Working...
          X