OAB Update #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OAB Update #3

Saw the urologist today. Glad I went with the neuros's recommendation -- Dr walks in, says "generally when Dr R sends someone to me it means this-and-this is happening. Is that how it is for you?" YES!! He had already read my file and deals often w/MS patients.

Going on vac Saturday so his laundry list of tests have to wait until the following week. Like my PCP, he doesn't want to "throw a drug at me that might make me worse".

On Sept 21 I am having a pelvic CT scan w/ & w/o contrast, then going upstairs to his office for urodynamic (sp?) and some kind of camera inserted so he can look around (doesn't that sound like fun?!). Today he inserted some kind of cath & that wasn't nearly as painful as I imagined (just mild discomfort). He said the camera is even smaller :-)

They found white blood cells again today in my sample so there is definitely something "not right" going on. He did say if could just be inflammation.

I am going to try going caffeine-free on vacation to see how that affects my OAB. He asked if diet caused any worsening sx, and I said not that I know of but I have never paid any attention. I know stress kicks it into overdrive!
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Toomnyhats, I am going for the urodynamic tomorrow morning. I can't tell you how excited I am about that. You can google urodynamic test and they have video, done discreetly, of the test. I have already had the transvaginal ultrasound and that was ok. I'll let you know what my thoughts are after the test. NOT EXCITED to have the test.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

coco, I'm not real excited about the urodynamic test but I googled it & its only humiliating/embarassing, not painful so I'll deal w/it.

The CT scan is no big deal. Since my appt is at 7 a.m. maybe I can even get a nap in while they scan!

As I said, I'm not looking forward to the video camera but he said it is a smaller cath than he used yesterday. And he'll use a numbing gel before he inserts it so it'll be tolerable.

I've been very blessed that I didn't have to endure any painful (or even uncomfortable) tests for my dx, just the MRI, and Doc gave me "happy pills" to take before I went in the little metal tube! :-)
      DX 10/2008
      Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
      Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
      Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

i have all the above done and it is not that bad. they will use numbing gell when they stick the camera in so it won't hurt. it is just embarassing. good luck to you both

Comment

Toomnyhats, and may I say that I love that name. I am at home after the test. I got through it really well and the tech was so helpful and put me at ease. No, it wasn't painful and it really wasn't that long. They say the length depends upon how much your bladder can hold. Mine is the size of a walnut so the test was shorter because of less water needed.

I am so grateful for the people who have a life vocation of doing these kinds of tests. They are truly special people. I hope that your test goes as well for you.
          "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Working...
          X