Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Confused.. Need opinions

Hi Everyone,

When I went to a neurologist with my brain MRI, he said he was very concerned about MS with all the white patches. One in particular large area by the ventricles. Had another MRI
    of brain & now spine--spinal MRI showed two spots. At that time, he said he thought for sure, it was MS due to lesions on spine. I also had spinal tap. Spinal tap came back clean. Basically he said we will have to watch the symptoms. I have a follow up but now I am really confused.

A negative spinal tap should not be a hold up to getting a diagnosis. Many neurologists regard it as data only. With lesions in your brain and spinal cord, you're a definite candidate for MS.

I would talk to your neuro about your concerns and ask him about starting a DMD - it will help delay disease progression. If he still balks, think about getting another neuro.
    "Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it" - Michel de Montaigne
    Diagnosed May 2007, relapsing-remitting

Comment

I agree, I would see another neuro. The sooner you can start a dmd the better! good Luck

Comment

If you choose not to seek medications right now, my suggestion is that you get follow-up MRIs done. Thinking back, when my DH went from zero to one lesion, I wished we had done at least yearly MRIs. In five years he went from 1 to 15 - 20ish that *I* can count.

We know that lesions do not necessarily mean symptom progression, but if we could have got him on medication sooner, perhaps we could have kept his lesion load down and prevented his last few attacks...maybe There is at least one lesion on his cord that is viewable in the brain MRI. As we know, spinal lesions are thought to be even more indicative of MS.

I wish we would have started DH on Avonex way back when when it was offered. Now that he is having SX, I am sure he will have to go through the hoops to get his definitive DX.
        DH - RRMS (DX 9/10/10), GERD, Asthma
        Me - RA, Sjogren's, Joint replacement queen
        DS - T1 Diabetes, Seizures, Asthma

Comment

Working...
        X