Over 60...flu/shingle shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over 60...flu/shingle shot

Both of these are strongly recommended. The annual flu shot is free at Walgreens if you are on Medicare.

Thankfully I had back up insurance that covered the one-time-only shingle shot...not covered by Medicare...otherwise the charge would have been $220.

The first day I felt fine with a little soreness in the arm where I received the flu shot. Then, it hit, since it is live vaccine, and for the past 2 days I have had flu symptoms that have been rather extreme.

I have had no reaction to the shingles shot.

Each of us will react differently but I wanted to point out that some of us will have a bad reaction.

Comment

Thanks for reporting in on how your shots went. I have never had a flu shot......but I might in the future. Don't think i'd go with the live vaccine though.

Nice to know the shingles vaccine was no problem.

Comment

Rather be safe

Don't want to alarm anyone, but here in Rhode Island several of my close friends have already experienced a really terrible cold that has rendered them unable to even go to work for over a week.

What was shocking to me, is that these people have not been affected this way before. They are basically healthy individuals, which makes me wonder what we will be up against if we were to get hit with this. Oh an btw, yet another friend of mine how lives in Maine, has the same cold and her grandson has pneumonia, (also in Maine)

So I will be hot tailing it to get my flu shot as soon as they are available here in RI.

Comment

Working...
        X