Was I in denial???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was I in denial???

Last December, I woke up with Vertigo and ON. Originally, it was diagnosed as BPPV. After two sets of MRI's and a few trips to the neurologist, I was dx'd on August 10th just past.

Even though the neuro told me it was MS, I wasn't that worried, as I had no syptoms since then. The last few months have given me some pins and needles, mood changes and fatigue, but I brushed it off as being tired and stressed.

Last night as I'm walking down the hall to bed, I notice my left foot and leg are warm while my right is cold. I felt the floor with my right hand thinking maybe my left foot was over where the heating duct was. I walked the rest of the house to see if there was a difference. Nope......something is messed up here. Now today, my left foot, leg and now arm are somewhat numb. I still have full function, although they are weak.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I think I've been in denial and don't want to accept this. It hasn't been a reality until now. It's starting to sink in and is scaring the ****** out of me. My girlfriend looks at me like I must be faking it

Limbo 72, I am so sorry that you are experiencing these sxs. If you were in denial, it is no surprise that the girlfriend was too. Our spouses, partners, friends, and family pick up their cues from us. Maybe you could suggest to her to log on to MS World and look at the caretakers board. She might sign up and ask questions on her own or you could get some help from other caretakers as how to best educate the both of you on the problems.

I am also experiencing what you are describing right now and it drives me nuts but I have had experience of having these problems since the late 1960's so I know what is happening. I know but still do not like!

Take care of yourself and ask all the questions you can.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

I didn't get it until I "got" it

I didn't get it until I "got" it. I don't think it was denial I think it was a lack of a diagnosis. I experienced the same thing. Learn as much as you can about the disease. You can get lots of information from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. They will send info. to you for the newly diagnosed that is very helpful not just for you but for your girl friend too. I wish you the best

Comment

Working...
      X