Spasticity or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spasticity or not?

I was diagnosed with having M.S. in January. Mayo thought I have Primary Progressive. I have many brain, cervical and thoracic lesions. My family neurologist put me on Copaxone a couple months ago. He said , he felt we should try something rather than nothing.Lately I'm having trouble getting out of bed after laying flat. I have to straighten my self up by walking my hands up the wall. I'm fine until I lay back down. This problem comes and goes. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem. Is this a spasticity problem? Thanks for your input.

Jo, I am sorry that you are having those problems and for your diagnosis too! I have RRMS and I experience spasticity mildly. Every morning when I try to straighten legs in the bed or even move them. They jerk back in bent position and really to a fetal position sometimes. This happens many times and then finally settles down so that I can get them out of bed and hanging off the bed. I can't stand until I have wiggled toes and feet and legs a while. My legs won't hold me if I don't do it this way.

I can't answer your question but maybe if you go to the Primary/Progressive board and ask them this question, they might be able to help you.

Prayers and positive thoughts going your way today!
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

I'm not a doctor, but that does sound like spasticity to me. If I keep my legs in any position, straight or not for a long period of time like when sleeping, they kind of get frozen in that position. It takes me a little while to loosen them up so I can get going.
      Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift!

Comment

I mentioned this problem to my family Dr. and all he suggested was to get an x-ray. I don't feel that would reveal anything. Even if I lay down briefly this is happening. I never feel like a get a relapse just new symptoms that arise or get worse. Crazy disease!

Comment

Working...
        X