just got out of the hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got out of the hospital

I WAS ADMITTED TO THE HOSPITAL FROM THE EMERGENCY ROOM 4 DAYS AGO WITH AN EXTREME MS EXACERBATION. THEY GAVE ME A NEW MRI AND LUMBAR PUNCTURE RIGHT IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM. A LOT OF BLOOD WORK. THEY ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR OTHER POSSIBLE AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES, A LOT OF TESTS WON'T BE BACK FOR DAYS.

I WAS STARTED ON A 3 DAY HEAVY DOSE OF IV SOLU-MEDROL, THEN SOME CHEMO. ALONG WITH A LOT OF OTHER MEDS. I FELT LIKE I WAS DYING. I LOST THE USE OF MY LEFT HAND, LEFT LEG, AND EYESIGHT IN MY LEFT EYE. ALONG WITH NUMBNESS IN MY LEFT SIDE OF MY FACE AND NUMBNESS IN MY LEFT LEG. THEY SAY IT MAY ONLY BE TEMPORARY- ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

I AM HOME NOW AND EXHAUSTED. I HAVE BEEN SET UP WITH OT AND PT. I HAVE BEEN PUT OFF WORK AND HAVE TO APPLY FOR STATE DISABILITY. I GUESS MY MIND WAS MADE UP FOR ME ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT TO CONTINUE FORCING MYSELF TO WORK, EVEN THOUGH MY BODY WAS CLEARLY TELLING ME "NO WAY!"

ANY ADVICE YOU ALL CAN GIVE ME OR SUPPORT WILL BE GREAT AT THIS TIME. I HAVE ALSO BEEN PUT ON A COURSE OF STEROID PILLS, RITALIN AND PROTONICS ALONG WITH ALL MY OTHER REGULAR MEDS.

MY FAITH STAYS STRONG, I AM STILL SOBER 15 DAYS TODAY...I BELIEVE AND I AM WILLING TO CONQUER THIS

I HAVE SURVIVED DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING

Hi Felicia

Sorry to learn that you've been having a rough time. At least now the doctors are giving you tests and trying in earnest to find out what is wrong.

I GUESS MY MIND WAS MADE UP FOR ME ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT TO CONTINUE FORCING MYSELF TO WORK, EVEN THOUGH MY BODY WAS CLEARLY TELLING ME "NO WAY!"
    I agree, sometimes we don't have to make a decision - circumstances often make the decision for us.

MY FAITH STAYS STRONG, I AM STILL SOBER 15 DAYS TODAY...I BELIEVE AND I AM WILLING TO CONQUER THIS
    So glad to read that!

No advice here - just take care of yourself, taking one day at a time. Let us know what your test results show. We're pulling for you.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

felicheeks-I'm sending prayers your way!! You have been through the wringer, hoping you get some relief soon.

Guess I really don't have any advice, but you sure have my support! Good work during those"15' days! You can do this and try to stay positive- I realize that can be hard. I'm pulling for you!!

Comment

Felicheeks,
        Sounds like you've been through a lot. Glad you are getting through it and have been able to stay sober. Remember: One day at a time. One minute at a time if you need to.

Comment

Good to hear that you are keeping your faith and positive attitude, it really helps.

We are pulling for you.

Comment

Hoping all is well

Just got over a flare myself. I ended up walking out of the hospital though. Hurrah for you. I'm hoping you are better soon. 15 days! That's wonderful. Keep it up!

wishing you the best ... and that you feel better quickly.

Comment

Working...
            X