Elimination Issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elimination Issues!

It's been over a year since I've posted and I'm happy to say that the gastroparesis is under control! I do have an uncomfortable issue that has developed over that past few years which is becoming more difficult to manage - constant constipation, so again I'm looking for support. My story may be very similar to many others so I'm hoping to get more ideas.
    This has been a developing problem for 4 years to the point where the stool is always hard and difficult to expel - sorry to be so graphic! To improve the situation I make sure I'm hydrated, eat plenty of fruits & veggies, exercise, use a stool softener, take added magnesium, and 3 weeks ago went on a gluten-free diet. The new diet has helped the bloating but the end result (bad pun) it still the same. I'm open for suggestions as this situation exhausts me!

Me, too

I've been constantly constipated for a long time also. I'm always bloated - to the point that people ask me if I'm pregnant! And I don't have much of an appetite because I always feel kind of full.

But to me what's most embarrrassing is, about once a week I 'll have a large, hard stool that clogs the toilet. I hate having to tell my husband that the toilet needs to be plunged again. We are desperately looking for a toilet that is guaranteed not to clog. If such a thing exists, I hope someone posts it here!

Comment

'hard dry stool' try using hempseed oil or some other omega 3-6-9 oil ... 2 tablespoons in the morning and 2 at night with meals and you'll be as smooth as a duck in 4 days - i've been on hempseed for over 8 yrs and luv it

Comment

Try a footstool

I always use a footstool. It aligns the rectum. It works for me.
        Diagnosed, November 2005, Fingolimod FTY720 Study as of August 20, 2007

Comment

Finally in the past

I had severe constipation problems for over 20 years, finally culminated in a failed colonoscopy. When I asked the doctor what could be done he prescribed something call amitiza, which is not a laxative nor stool softener and can be taken long term. I've been taking it daily for 2 1/2 years now as well as Miralax and Metamucil (and lots of water) and have been regular for the first time in eons.

Comment

I have been extremely constipated for 6 months. I've been taking stool softeners for two years. I had a doctor prescribe medication to relieve the constipation but it didn't help. I took the medication for a colonoscopy and it helped a little but then I was right back where I was before. I finally tried acupuncture. I wasn't a believer but was on a cruise and decided to give it a try. I have been more regular than I ever was since I had the acupucture 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
            X