Anyone experience this symptom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone experience this symptom?

I WENT TO THE NEURO FOR MY FOLLOW-UP FROM RECENT MRI. I TOLD HIM ABOUT SEVERE MUSCLE TIGHTNESS IN LT THIGH. HE BLEW IT OFF SINCE I AM A LITTLE OVERWEIGHT. I AM MOSTLY HAVING ACHES DOWN MY ENTIRE SPINE (NOT PAIN). IT'S THE KIND OF ACHE YOU HAVE WHEN YOU HAVE THE FLU.

I HAVE BEEN ON COPAXONE FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. I ADMIT I FORGET TO TAKE IT SOME DAYS. THE BRUISES AND ITCHING MAKE IT MISERABLE. MY LESIONS HAVE FINALLY STABALIZED SINCE LAST MRI IN AUGUST. I WILL KEEP ON WITH THE MEDICINE.

MY QUESTION IS DOES ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS ACHY PAIN THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE SPINE REGION?

Hello Janine

I TOLD HIM ABOUT SEVERE MUSCLE TIGHTNESS IN LT THIGH. HE BLEW IT OFF SINCE I AM A LITTLE OVERWEIGHT.
    I get severe muscle tightness also in my thigh. Weight doesn't really have much to do with that, in my opinion. It sounds like it could be muscle spasticity. Sorry to hear that your doctor didn't take your symptom seriously.

MY QUESTION IS DOES ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS ACHY PAIN THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE SPINE REGION?
    I do get an achy back, but it comes and goes. It is most usually from over-doing an activity of some kind. It will get better after about 3 days.

Is your achyness constant, with no relief? I hope not - that would be truly miserable

Are you able to move around much? I guess I'm thinking that sometimes when I have to be in bed awhile, my back will ache then too. Did you mention your back issue to your doctor? Hopefully he didn't brush that off too!

Wishing you relief from your back aches

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

tightness in thigh muscles

Hi, over 2 years ago I had extreme tightness an inflammtion in my right thigh, glute area..... that inflammation I now attribute to my MS, which was not diagnosed until 5/2010. I struggled with many symptoms for years and since thereis overlap in these symptoms associated to my known advanced disc degeneration is may be difficult to know the precise cause. I do have disabling pain in my spine and have been out of work since 12/2008. I now use a walker confined to the house. A wheelchair to get to dr appointments. I feel the spine pain is connected to both MS and DDD, however, is the cause of the DDD the MS issue or are they just 2 coincidental items? My MS pain is unforgiving and as the erosion of the myelin sheaths continues so will disability and pain, in my opinion and personal experience.

Comment

Reply to anyone with these symptoms

I do have ddd an my lower back but the achiness in over the entire spine. My neck muscles,mid and lower back ache. I have not been over doing it or exerting myself. It has been constant since July. The lt thigh tighness like a rubberband being stretched comes and goes. It was only 2 times. Once for 3days and another time for 1 week. This could be from ddd in my lower back. It doesn't explain the entire spine region though.
        I just wondered if this was a problem for anyone else.

Thanks for the replies.
        janine

Comment

i get the 'tightness' too, in my calf/ankle. i`m on a baclofen pump, and nothing the dr has done has helped (adjusting the dosages, etc). the only relief i get is by manual stimulation (rolling the ankle in circles, rotating the foot).
          as far as the achy pain goes, i can`t help. could that achy pain be in your butt? it sounds like the dr is causing that! my opinion is to get a new ddr. good luck.

dave
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
          X