Relapse or another stroke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relapse or another stroke?

Last week I was extremely fatigued. I started doing one core strengthening exercise I am still strong enough to still do. Well the foot I had the failed bunion operation (the bone was too crumbly) and it sticks up is slapping like my left foot
    What a run on senctence!
    Please bear with me.
    Well 6 months after I was dx'd I had what I thought was a relapse. Turns out it was a stroke on the right side of my brain.
    My dx is probable from the one attack. (10 years ago).
    Every later neuro I've seen (we move a lot) hasn't believed me. On a good day I am 'normal' no double vision or any thing but when I am tired like right now I have double vision intermittantly when I change focus to look at my fingers. I lost the ability to touch type with the first stroke.
    Any opinions are welcome. I have an appt. Oct. 6.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Hello techie

Sorry to hear that you've been dealing with extreme fatigue lately. I know from experience that fatigue has a big impact on our ability to function.

My dx is probable from the one attack. (10 years ago).
    Every later neuro I've seen (we move a lot) hasn't believed me.
    Techie, I'm wondering what it is that your doctors don't believe - is it your symptoms that they don't believe?

If that's the case, sometimes when we document our symptoms, writing down when they occur, how they feel, how long they last, etc. and present it to the doctor, he may pay more attention to what we're trying to tell him (documenting the dates also may help).

Glad that you've got an appointment in about a month. Hopefully your doctor will listen to you and be understanding.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Koko

Unless they can see me showing a symptom as I am in the office, they don't believe what I am saying. Maybe this one will because I have been seeing her for a little over 2 years.
      And for the first time there is something changed. My left leg has started tingling from the knee down as if it were asleep but it isn't and not ALL the time. Then there is the slapping of my right foot which is new.
      techie
      Unless Neuros can see it they don't believe it.
      Another pirated saying:
      Half of life is if.
      When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
      Dogs Rule!

Comment

Hi Techie

Unless Neuros can see it they don't believe it.
        You have a good point - especially when it comes to neurological type symptoms, unfortunately. Very frustrating!

Maybe this current doc you've been seeing for 2 years will listen to what you say. Let's hope so!

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Good luck with your appointment.....

I KNOW all too well the out-of-sight no Dx problem. Even when I did show neuro signs my doc DID SEE at the VA they just wrote it off as being from diabetes, I am blessed with both MS and diabetes, instead of running ANY test what-so-ever! Heck they even sent me to the shrink dept, not nuts etc.

I gave up for decades, tired of being GOMERed. When things got worse, I just crawled up/down the stairs till it got better, and for decades it did get better. I saw no point in making a doc appointment, I would be better by the time I got in anyway.

GOOOD luck, having been with the SAME doc for a couple years should HELP!

Doc Gomer

Comment

Working...
          X