Google Scared Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Scared Me

Okay, Google seriously needs to give people like us the bulletin when they decide to put a "fun" little animation on their home page.

It seriously scared the crap out of me. I thought a mutating bug was on my computer screen

Oh come on! Nobody found it funny?

Comment

LOLOLOL!!!! yea....I found it hilarious...I was like...what the heck is that thing!!!
      if you googled today..you saw!
      Dx 06/07
      Copaxone

Comment

I remember a few years back after I had first installed the weatherbug app, and the first time I heard the cricket alert notifying me that a storm was coming, I crawled all over the floor looking for the cricket.

Comment

Shoot, I missed it. I have a Google homepage, so I never see the funny little animations they put on their search page. But I've had things like that scare me too.

What I hate the worst are those stupid videos that people persist in sending where something hideous pops out at you. I don't think they are funny at all! (I just saw one today one of my Facebook friends put on their Wall. Luckily, I read the other comments and figured it out before it happened.)

Do you remember that Orkin (I think that was the company) commercial a few years ago where you think you're watching a real commercial for a product and a roach comes crawling across the screen? Some lady threw a motorcycle helmet through her TV, thinking it was a real roach. (It did look like one, but I question the intelligence of throwing a motorcycle helmet at a TV.)

Anyway, watch out for those Google Bugs!
          Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Oh my gosh Lisa, I laughed out loud about the motorcycle helmet. I would've done the same thing. I have a roach phobia. I'm not talking about the squeamish girl stuff. I literally start shaking and I'm up the entire night scared that one is going to crawl on some part of my body while I'm sleeping. It really does something to me.

I didn't realize when I made this post that probably nobody would see what I was talking about. Some were probably like "Okay, this girl is crazy, I'm going to back out of the thread hoping nobody saw that I was here"

Comment

lolol Here is the story http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/...in180566.shtml

Anytime I see a roach on a movie, show or commercial, I have to look away.

I hate when you go look up stuff on medical websites and those pictures with the bugs on people's bodies, skin holes or eye ball things come on and scare the junk out of me! Man, I have to stop that.

By the way Lisa, Tylenol PM and keeping myself extremely busy during the day is helping me sleep. I am too tired to care about the paresthesia. I make sure I get my shower, at least walk to the mail box (my driveway is long), sit outside in the sun for at least 10 minutes, do a couple of chores, make dinner. Then when it's time to sleep, I pop 2 of those bad boys, throw in a Best of Friends vHS and I'm sleeping like a baby.

I hope maybe that might work for you. Let me know. I could mail you a Best of Friends volume if you want lol

Comment

Jami Lea, I'm glad you've found something to help you sleep. I'm actually sleeping better now that I'm back on my full dose of gabapentin, and if I do have problems, I just go lick a Xanex. (If I take more than just a few crumbs of one, I sleep way too long!) Now, if I could only get my days and nights back on schedule and stop staying awake until 5 a.m. and sleeping until noon, I'd be doing great!
                Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Is that how you do it? I have the same problem with benzodiazepines. Xanax is in that class. I sleep a very long time too and I lose days for some reason.

Comment

I usually just nibble a very small bit off the end of a Xanex to help me sleep.

When I have an MRI, I usually take 1 1/2 Xanex because I don't want to know anything about being in that stupid tube. (I am very claustrophobic, thanks to my very first MRI back in 2005.) However, I can have funny reactions to taking Xanex. For example, while sitting in the waiting room before one MRI a few years ago, I started babbling to my soon-to-be-ex-husband about bunnies smoking cigarettes and how that you have to put kittens into bigger skins so they'll grow, but how you don't waste the skin they came out of, you just put a smaller kitten in it. Unfortunately, I now have a reputation at that hospital, so prefer to schedule my MRIs elsewhere, at least until they forget that I'm the goofy lady high on Xanex. LOL!

Comment

Oh My Goodness

Look what www.google.com did today with their home page. Scared the bejeebus out of me! lol

Comment

Oh my gosh. I so totally know what you are talking about. I am the same way in that tube so I had to take off work when I had my 3rd MRI because the 2nd time I had the full hour MRI with and w/o contrast, I was freaking out. I thought I was going to either die in there or wet myself because I had to pee so badly. I started flailing my arms and legs around because the guy wasn't answering my "hellllllllllo"s.

The 3rd time, my doctor prescribed the Xanax. I didn't do anything coooooky but I was doing the best I could to not because I remember my first experience with it. I remember feeling like "I don't care about anything and I'm freeeee!" not good, not good. I don't like feeling that way and I can't have my own thoughts and I don't like that at all.

lol funny how meds react on certain people. My hubby can't take any at all, not a darn one of them. He turns into an entire different person and starts going out trying to build his "empire". Last time he took it, he traded a bunch of his stuff for new sunglasses and some other things. And talked some guy into giving him a motorcycle in exchange for military jackets. The doctor declared that he must be allergic because he has never heard of that. My husband is a salesmen, an extremely good one, he has a gift. That stuff made him Super Trader lololol We still laugh about it. I think I'm going to make him a cape that says that on it as a joke sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by jamilea View Post
                          Look what www.google.com did today with their home page. Scared the bejeebus out of me! lol

Wow! That was unexpected. But then, if you get to playing with it, it's kind of cool. I like the way the dots follow the cursor. (It doesn't take much to amuse me these days!)

Comment

Whoa! I didn't catch that part. How fun!

And the fact that you are easily amused is a very good thing. Give it up for the easily amused sistas! lol

It's so much fun to come on these boards and just talk about whatever and you just run with my off the wallness

Comment

Working...
                            X