No announcement yet.

Diagnosis Shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Holly (& Talulah & Spy,Bunty and all others!)

Welcome to MSWorld!! We hear you loud & clear and we will try to be your support group for whatever rantings, tears, questions and confusions that may come your way. This is a great place to be and we are listening!!!

Having a dx of MS is a big one, one that most of us have had to face and grieve over - sometimes many times over! It is a process and not an end. It is a new beginning to looking and adapting to life differently. Some days it just plain sucks, some days it is not so bad. Some days can be fun and hilarious - trust me on this one even tho it doesn't seem that way now.

I know - I have had MS for 22 years now....I won't lie - it has been a roller coaster or sorts, but in time, things will be better. I assure you. For now, all the processes of accepting or denying this is OK! There is no right nor wrong.

Some back often and talk to us! Be well and ((HUGS)) to you all!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

IMPORTANT: One thing that you really must do if you suspect that you may have multiple sclerosis, is to get your financial house in order immediately, at once and without delay. Ensure that you have adequate Health, Disability and Life Insurance prior to turning up for any examinations or tests. If any health professional tips you off that he/she suspects MS, request that no mention is made of this in any notes until you have sorted out the insurance issues. What MS treatments there are, are expensive and if you are forced out of the workplace you will need a source of income. Once a diagnosis is made it will be too late.

Comment

well, I am still trying 2 accept this disease along w/ living my life. I think MS is diff 4 everyone cuz it depends which part of the brain is being eaten away. anyone, correct me if im wrong. for me, im very depressed. if i didn't have kids, i'd probably just stay n bed and watch tv. i am taking 3 MBA classes (2 online) and a certification class. i do it 2 keep me buzy. hang in there, op. sorry for the dx. this site is the 1st one where i can read about people just like me. <hugs>

Comment

Babbling Forum

Spy- A babbling forum is a beautiful idea!!! I could use one of those once in a while. Only problem is who would ever want to go there to read it

Comment

I received a call from my doctors office to please come in; my doc wanted to speak to me.

No wait or anything, i just went in and the doc came in and told me, based on my MRI results ...I had MS. I just sat there, no tears, just didn't quite know what to make of it.

He showed me the report and it said 'most likely MS'. Well, I said 'then maybe it's not MS?'. He said it was and he hugged me.

I went over to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription, kind of walked around feeling numb.

I went home, called my dh and told him. He was at work, left and came home immediately.

We sat and hugged.

That was 16 yrs. ago. The disease plods along at it's own pace. I hate it, but just deal as best I can and the ups and downs are there, but what can I do.

Diane
            You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

I think I am in the minority here as I spent virtually no time in limbo land. I awoke one morning with a hand and a foot, on opposite sides of my body, tingling. I went straight to my PCP as I was a little scared. He sent me to a neurologist and I was diagnosed fairly quickly. I will say that, during the time I was awaiting the MRI results, my mind cooked up all sorts of awful scenarios, even more awful than MS. I thought I was actually relieved to know it was MS and not something worse. That thought lasted until I had a panic attack that night. I still kind of put the initial shock at bay for quite a while. It took a few months for me to finally wrestle with the fact that I have MS. I have been diagnosed for a year now, and I am finally at peace with it. MS is a frightening disease at times, for sure. Hang in there. This website is a great place to vent and to gain perspective. I am sorry you are having to go through this, but know that you are not alone.

Comment

I am happy to be amongst company knowing that I am not alone in denial. Yesterday I spent most of the day with tears on my face and images of myself in the future. I am really not a very strong person when it comes to dealing with this. Maybe this a good baby step for me.

I hope one day soon to be at ease with the news but it won't be today and tomorrow does not look good either. Thanks for the welcome here. ~spy

Comment

Working...
                X