Calmed down and back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calmed down and back

I'm back, after getting frustrated previously.

The neuro called the insurance company and got the tysabri covered for my husband.

He had his first infusion August 19th. All went well. No problems, no side effects. He also is signed up for the stratify II trial (I think that's what it is). Had an appointment with the neuro on August 30, and the doc said he had an "MS Guru" come through his office, and he explained my husband's specific case to him, and he agreed that Ty was the right treatment for him.

Our doc also went over the plan of action-- he said if the test comes back positive for the JC virus (antibodies is it?) that another doc he consults with suggests 2 years on ty, and then a 6 month "holiday" switching to an interferon. He said if he is not positive for the virus, then potentially he could take ty indefinately.

So, for now he'll be continuing with Tysabri infusions.

It was a happy day when I got the letter in the mail from the insurance company saying "approved"-- he was initially denied.

On a side note, we went on a motorcycle ride to raise money for MS. We didn't know the person who had MS who's family organized the ride. He gave a speech and mentioned a medicine that has been great for him, that was pulled off the market and released again. My husband and I just looked at each other. So, husband went and talked to this guy, told him he just joined the ranks.

It makes me a little glad that he talks to others. He had previously been afraid to read anything, because he didn't want to read of something worse that someone was going through. I can understand that. But now he's found that when he talks to people who have MS, he gets to talk to someone who actually knows what he's going through. I mean, I try to be sympathetic and listen, and put myself in his shoes, but no matter how hard I try, I won't ever know what its actually like.

Hi Julie, I'm glad your husband did well
    It is good when you (he) can talk with someone about your "stuff"
    Best wishes
    Linda

Comment

I am so glad to see you back. I worried about you that whole day. Don't leave because of an upset, this is a hard time for you right now. I am so glad your husband's infusion went well and he was able to get the Ty. Hugs

Comment

Working...
      X