Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/2/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/2/10

Hi everyone. Four of us reported this week. Here we are in September already. Happy Labor Day. I am sure most schools will have started back by the day after Labor Day. What happened to the summer. Go out and buy a new frock to celebrate the season, maybe one a little snug knowing that it will fit comfortably soon. Poohb3ar, that 1.2 pounds will be gone before you know it. Just keep plugging away. Ccsitter,, you are the star this week. 4.8 pounds is phenomenal. Good for you. Keep up the good work. Sparky, I am sure those two pounds are disappointing, but you will get back down in no time. I gained 4.5 pounds this week putting me at 115 which is still a low weight but one I can live with. I wanted to gain but since it was so rapid I know I will have to really watch it now so that the scales don’t keep climbing.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip for the week:

Here is a review of an old behavioral technique to help trick you into thinking you have more to eat than you actually do. Use smaller plates such as a salad plate rather than a dinner plate. That way food doesn’t look minuscule as it sits before you. Use a saucer for extras for the same reason. Did you know some restaurants are using larger plates than previously. We know how portions have gotten out of hand in restaurants. No human being should be eating what is served to us as we eat out. Expectations make a big difference.

Results for 8/26/10:

Total Loss: 5.8 lbs. by two members. Good going. That 4.8 pound loss is a real accomplishment. Keep up that trend and you will reach your goal weight, ccsitter. You are an inspiration to us all.

Total Gain: 3.2 lbs. by two members. That can be disappointing, but don’t let the gain get you down. Good for you for reporting. Reporting helps us focus on what’s happening and to try harder. I know you can reverse the trend. We have all been there and want to lend our support.

Stayed The Same: 0. I hope next week those of you who have stayed the same will report. This is success and don’t ever forget it. Just remember it is just the time before the next loss. Do let us know.

2939.88 is our grand total of weight loss for the past 7 plus years. We are headed for 1 1.2 tons of weight loss. What a total!

Not down anything this week.

But, started on South Beach about a month ago, and have lost 7 lbs. since I began.

Posted on Tara's forum about Isagenix. A friend is using it. Does anyone know anything about it? (Am concerned about all the anti-oxidants, and probably won't pursue it.)

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

sorry, i'm late. back in town finally and able to get on scales.
      NO CHANGE! happy that with all the eating out for over a week i didn't gain any thing. so to buckle down for a few days then off again to see DD at Naval Academy for a long weekend.
      i'll be diligent and stay same, to try & lose a lb or 2 is unrealistic for me.have a wonderful week everyone!
      take care & God bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
      X