new oral meds - consider switching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new oral meds - consider switching?

With fingolimod and I think it is campath, possibly coming out in the fall, anyone thinking of switching from Ty to one of them? My neuro wants me to call him in the middle of Sept. for us to discuss this. The one that sounds good to me is Laquinimod, since it seems really safe. The threat of cancer in the rest of these scares me, since they all seem to suppress the immune system.

I have no plans to switch unless the dr. instigates the process. I am happy on Ty and I don't fear the side effects.

On a related note, I received a survey about my risk taking levels. It asked if there were a pill you could take one time and it would give you all your abilities back but the side effect would be that it would kill you, would you take it if the chances of dying were 1 in 1000 then 1 in 750, then 1 in 500, and 1 in 100. It asked various related questions with the risk being dying or developing cancer than would that there was no treatment for with all the various odds.
    I was quite intrigued and learned a lot about myself. I always thought I was a wuss but now I realize that because I do not fear death, I am quite a risk taker. My husband said that he would do it if the odds were 1 in 10.

I hope that if you switch you get the desired outcome you are looking for and that you fare much better than with the injectible dmds.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

No I do not plan on trying the oral meds.

I also was asked to do the survey. Boy, you are right, it really does get you to thinking. The part about dieing in your sleep the next day sort of got to me. At least with PML you can fight it. And treatments for cancer scare me more than cancer does. But at least that you can fight that too. I think I went all the way down to 1 in 10 on that one.

I don't gamble. Even when we go to Las Vegas. I like the comedy shows. But I do buy lottery tickets. That was a question too.

Comment

LL60 and cocogirl, I, too, took "that" survey Reading your posts helped me put risk ratio into a better perspective for me. It reminded me that I was willing to deal with 1/500 -
        of course, now being faced with it ...
        Thanks
        Linda

Comment

Working...
        X