No announcement yet.

Confusion about Steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi everyone, in my opinion, steroids are a poor choice for symptomatic relief, in the long run. ampyra is definitely worth a try. if you are a responder to ampyra, that may be all you need. for me, ampyra turned my life around(no kidding). i tried the ALA/ALC low dose (400mg. alc+ 200mg.ala), it worked great. as a matter of fact it was too strong for me. so now i only use it when necessary. muscle relaxers can help you walk effortlessly. exercise on a daily basis can improve many sxs. all the best sincerely barry

Comment

steriods?

I had been put on ivsm twice since being dx in07 no one told me about what it does to bone density.last year my gyne had me get a bone density test,not even knowing i had the ivsm. I'm only 55 yrs old i have osteoprosis in my spine and with a recent mri of my lumbar I also have arthritis in there. The last stupid doctor i went to said it shouldn't be causing me much lower back pain I won't go near a steriod now

Comment

I guess the way I am looking at it is like this.

I alreadly lost the use of my bladder, if I loose the use of any other body part including my voice that has paralyzed cords (sound a bit like Nick Cavuto on days) then I really would do whatever to "arrest" the attack until the DMM's kick in.

I do worry about the bone loss but at this rate the other is a bigger concern.

I think we all agree that each case is different and though we all have the same condition, conditionally each is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbler View Post
          I guess the way I am looking at it is like this.

I already lost the use of my bladder, if I lose the use of any other body part including my voice that has paralyzed cords (sound a bit like Neal Cavuto on days) then I really would do whatever to "arrest" the attack until the DMM's kick in.

I do worry about the bone loss but at this rate the other is a bigger concern.

I think we all agree that each case is different and though we all have the same condition, conditionally each is different.

We are all different. I'm thinking how funny it is that I have the same line of thinking, but with the exact opposite conclusion as you.

I've already lost use of my legs, my eyes ( legally blind with my "good" eye at 20/400) and one arm. I don't want to risk the potential steroid risks on top of it. LOL

Comment

Working...
          X