Black Cohosh for hot flashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Cohosh for hot flashes

I posted a previous thread regarding hot flashes and some of you recommended black cohosh. I take one tablet a day and I am wondering if I should take more. One doesn't seem to do the trick. Can any of you please tell me how many tablets you take per day? Thanks for all of your feedback!

It's not uncommon to take more than one. It's been awhile since I went thru menopause so I can't remember how much I took. Sometimes you just have to experiment. One other thing that helped me was to cut back on coffee. If you are a coffee drinker, try mixing half leaded and half unleaded

Hope this helps! Stay cool~~~
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

i hate hot flashes

It's like a fire starts on my head and moves all over my body. It's misery! If I take a shower to cool down, sometimes it doesn't help. I'm wet all over again. Now I don't wear anything inside the house. What's the use. I wrap a cotton sheet around me and pin it at the top of my breast. The fire definitely starts at anytime. Is the black cohosh working for you? I remember a woman using it when I worked a long time ago. I don't remember if she had much success. Please....tell me how you're doing. My doctor told me to try herbs; but after reading about side effects with different rxs; I was afraid to mix them. I 'm on so many medicines: hydrocodone, amitriptyline, amlodipine, potassium, lasix, zolpidem (insomnia), simvastatin, and gabapentin. Are you taking any type of injections for MS pain or steriods? I would appreciate any insight you can give. Take care.

Comment

Working...
      X