Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 8/19/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 8/19/10

Hi everyone. I’m happy to see our dedicated few are hanging in there. Ccsitter, so glad to see you back. I pray that your sister will make a full recovery. Wow, a 3.5 pound weight loss is great. Congratulations.Poohb3ar, better luck this week. I am sure that pound will disappear. Sparky, good for you for losing that pesky pound. Good luck this week. Laurali, you are more than welcome to join our dedicated group. I hope to see you post this week. We are here to support you in your efforts. I gained a pound this week which is a good thing. I am now up to 113.5 and hope to get up to 115 soon. Then I will have to worry about not continuing to go up and up which can happen very easily.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip for the week:

Dietitians often refer to plain yogurt as the perfect food. With its carbs, protein and fat, it can stave off hunger by keeping blood sugar levels steady. In a study from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, people on a low-calorie diet that included yogurt lost 61 percent more fat overall and 81 percent more belly fat than those on a similar plan without yogurt. Greek yogurt has more protein than other versions.

Yogurt is also very good for digestion when it has good bacteria which it will say on the label. I have yogurt every morning on my oatmeal and find the combination to be very filling. I top it off with blueberries which are very high in antioxidants. Yogurt is good on baked potatoes which can be used in place of sour cream.
    Results for 8/12/10:

Total Loss: 4.5 lbs. by two members. Good going. Congratulations, ccsitter, on such a big loss. Keep up the good work. We need all the support we can get. Reading about the success of others really does help to spur us on.

Total Gain: 2 lbs. By two members. Good for you for reporting. Fessing up is good for the soul and for the waistline. Reporting helps us focus on what’s happening and to try harder. Do let us know if you have gained. We have all been there and want to lend our support.

Stayed The Same: 0. I hope next week those of you who have stayed the same will report. This is success and don’t ever forget it. Just remember it is just the time before the next loss. Do let us know.

2933.88 is our grand total of weigh loss for the past 7 plus years.

gotta love the Wii scales precision. at least this week. i lost .2 lbs. this week. sounds crazy but i'll take .2 loss over gain or same any week!
    trying the whole milk, but battling lung infection with antibiotics & steroid inhaler- so of course, i'm starving! i;m trying to keep my eye on the goal!
    take care & God bless!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Hi again. I made a mistake. My weight is 111.5 so I actually lost a pound instead of gaining two. And I was sure I was eating more. Back to the drawing board.

poohb3ar, I am glad to see you give yourself credit for losing .2 lbs. Every little bit counts which I hope everyone will remember. Blessings, Karen

Comment

Working...
      X