ups and downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ups and downs

I started on a two week prednisone taper Thursday. Didn't feel any different Thursday or Friday, cog fog, balance, hand tremors, etc. Then yesterday, I felt like the real me for the first time in seven months!

I went into a baking frenzy....pumpkin chocolate chip cake with peanut butter buttercream icing, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin carrot bars with orange glaze, and homemade brownies. I was a cake decorator until all my symptoms got so bad.

I looked at the clock and thought, how is it 3:30 already? I was just having a magnificent time doing what I have a passion for.

But, today my hand tremors are awful. Dropping everything and cant get words out and my calves, ankles and feet are numb and tingling. Did I just overdo it or is the prednizone not working?

If I take it easy today, and I am, can I expect tomorrow to be better. All the neuro has done is bloodwork. I want yesterday back!!!!!!
    And if it doesn't get better, it will at least get different. Make it an adventure!

It sounds like you just might have overdone it, as you mentioned. It takes time to get used to everything like how you react to Prednisone. Take it easy.
    As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

Girl, you overdid it, but can I come over to have some desert?

Take care and pace yourself if you can. Sounds like you had a baking marathon!!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Yeah it does sound like you might have over done it a bit, but prednesone can also have some nasty side effects. It can make you hyper and jittery causing you hands to shake. It can also cause swelling in your feet(something I am dealing with after IVSM last week).

So keep taking it easy and see how you feel tomorrow.
        "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

Sounds like you overdid it. I love the steroids, but took me 3 times to really get used tothem. It is great to feel like your old self again isn't it?

Take it easy and let the meds do their work. I feel good for several months after steroid treatment. Going to doc in Sept. and she said that I could get myself on a every 3 month steroid treatment if I wanted. After this last time, I am wanting it'

JudySz

Comment

Well I got one good day out of it. Still feeling ECCHY today. Gonna see if I can swim a little today. Have a SSDI physical on Thursday. Just vert stressed & bummed. Thanks for all your input.
            And if it doesn't get better, it will at least get different. Make it an adventure!

Comment

Working...
            X