Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betaseron Side Effect ?

Hi everyone,

I just started beta this week. Tues. eve with training nurse and last night on my own. Premedicated with Advil both times. Have had no flu like side effects, headache or injection site reactions.

However, both nights I had the most terrible time sleeping and I am so exhausted.

I'm wondering if anyone else has/had this problem and if it eventually went away ?

I do sometimes take 1/2 of a low-dose alprazolam to sleep and figure I'd better use it for my next shot, and I will notify my MS nurse next week.

Thanks for any feedback.

Fortunately sleeping isn't an issue for me so I can't help with suggestions for that. However, please call the Beta nurse today about taking the meds. They are a wonderful group, very helpful & knowledgable.
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

The Betaseron might be revving your body up a little, so you may have to take the alprazolam at least for a while. Another learning process.
      Bill
      Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will try to call my Beta nurse before my next injection.

I've already been told by my neuro that I can take the alprazolam with the Advil and Beta. I just don't want to get in a habit of taking it every other night and then building up a tolerance / addiction to it. I usually only take it once or twice a week right now.

Comment

Working...
        X