What’s your definition of hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s your definition of hope?

I’m currently putting together a video presentation for my local chapter of the National MS Society that will be shown at BikeMS. At the conclusion I’m focusing on hope, and how people with MS are doing whatever they can to stay active—who are staying positive despite the disease. If you are interested in the project, you can find out more at: activemsers.org

When I was diagnosed, I started the website to help, motivate, and inspire those with multiple sclerosis to stay as active as possible—physically, intellectually, and socially—regardless of physical limitations. Thanks for the help,

Dave Bexfield, ActiveMSers

***Approved by Moderators***

Hope

Hello Dave

Did you want our definition of hope? If so, here's how I define hope:

Hope is that energy which inspires me to keep trying, to not give up, to imagine that a situation may change for the better. And even if it doesn't, it's believing there's a valuable reason for it in the divine scheme of things. Living with hope feels so much better than dwelling in despair.

Sometimes hope is an inner resource, which can be drawn from within. But often times, when it's most desperately needed, it comes as a gift from others.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

HAVING
      OPTOMISTIC
      PLANS
      ETERNALLY

Remembering that if things don't get better, they will at least get different.
      And if it doesn't get better, it will at least get different. Make it an adventure!

Comment

My definition of hope is more of a personal mantra.

MS may ...

slow me down.
        trip me up.
        win battles, but I will win the war.

MS will NOT defeat me.

Comment

As they say "Hope is Eternal"

Hope is connected to faith and it doesnt have to be religious in nature.

Hope may dwindle at times even flicker, but it is in us all, some burns bright, others are steady. Some may seem gone, but as long as the heart beats there will always be hope!!!

Comment

I hope for a cure, treatment, and prevention.
            I hope nobody else in my family get this.
            I hope for world peace..

Comment

"Hope is a bridge to carry us over present trouble." - Me

"The future is full of doubt, indeed, but fuller still of hope." - John Lubbock

Romans 5:3-5 3 " And that's not all. We are full of joy even when we suffer. We know that our suffering gives us the strength to go on. 4 The strength to go on produces character. Character produces hope. 5 And hope will never let us down. God has poured his love into our hearts. He did it through the Holy Spirit, whom he has given to us." - Paul the Apostle
              "So, perhaps our task in this shaky, fast-changing, bewildering world in which we live is to make music, at first with all that we have, and then, when that is no longer possible, to make music with all that we have left." UNKN

Comment

Hope is...

Hope is a vision that things will be better; it is a vision that carries us toward that better.

My hope is that I, and all of us, will be healed and whole!

Mommy1, I appreciate your definitions, thank you for sharing your bridge.

Comment

Thanks for the input! It's helping me wrap my brain around my video project, which is centered around hope. Its meaning can be so hard to convey...

Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X