Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 8/12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 8/12/10

Hi everyone. Our numbers remain small, but we remain dedicated to gain health and beauty. Poohb3ar, good for you for losing two whole pounds. You are on your way. Keep up the good work. Sparky, that pound will come right off. I am happy to report I gained three pounds this week so I’m now up to 112.5, still not enough but at least I’m going in the right direction. I never thought I would be on this end of the pole.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip for the week:

Let’s hear it for cheese. Women who had one serving of whole milk or cheese daily were less likely to gain weight over time, according to a study in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Low-fat dairy users didn't experience the same benefit. Whole dairy may have more conjugated linoleic acid, which might help your body burn fat. "Parmesan is so flavorful, it's easy to stick to one serving," Buchanan says.

Results for 8/5/10:

Total Loss: 3 lbs. by two members. Good going. Poohb3ar, I pray that you are on a role. I hope some of our old members will report in. We need all the support we can get. Reading about the success of others really does help to spur us on.

Total Gain: 1 lb. By one member. Good for you for reporting. Fessing up is good for the soul and for the waistline. Reporting helps us focus on what’s happening and to try harder. Do let us know if you have gained. We have all been there and want to lend our support.

Stayed The Same: 0. I hope next week those of you who have stayed the same will report. This is success and don’t ever forget it. Just remember it is just the time before the next loss. Do let us know.

2929.38 is our grand total of weigh loss for the past 7 plus years.

sorry to start us off this way.
    gained back 1 lb. (must have been that icecream bar last night!)
    my DH will be thrilled to know we should go back to whole milk! he 'tolerates 2%' (skinny runner anyway!)
    skrinkaren praying you get back to a healthy weight.
    take care & God bless!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I want to join!

I want and need to join this group! )

What do I need to do?

Thank you for the inspiration!

LA
      sx since 2001
      Definitive Dx May 2009 RRMS
      Copaxone

Comment

Okay thanks!

I wasn't getting that there wasn't a registration part.

What I need most is "how to be patient with my cog fog"!!! Perhaps if I can just remember when I already ate, THAT will be the best diet
        Hmmmm...
        sx since 2001
        Copaxone

Comment

Just kidding around about my cog fog. It is bad but I do remember eating most of the time. My wink face didn't post.
          Great idea to food log though and feel it will be helpful.

I'm on board and will also be joining the exercise group.

Thank you so much! I'll be checking in next week
          sx since 2001
          Copaxone

Comment

day early

day early so i do not forget tom. lost 3 and 1/2 lbs bout time lol sorry not reported in had lots going on with my family still waiting for my younger sister to be released from the hospital after a quad bypass last week she has been in there for over a week will be 2 wks this sunday please keep her in your prayers if you do not mind till later take care and GOD BLESS

Comment

Working...
            X