Infection causes pseudo-flare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infection causes pseudo-flare?

Is it common for an infection to cause an exacerbation of symptoms? I had to go to the opthamologist today. Painful, red, swollen eyelids in the corner near the bridge of my nose. It started in the left eye a few days ago and the right eye followed suit. Horrible eye socket headaches too. I have an infection in both eyelids. I've never had anything like this, but have dealt with iritis and uveitis due to my inflammatory arthritis disease, so have a relationship with my opthamologist that allowed me to get in same-day. Thank goodness. I'm on antibiotics and a steroid gel to apply to my eyelids and inside them.

I've just felt plain awful the past few days as this developed. I've been ultra exhausted, achey, having dizzy spells, increased body buzz, twitches, and scalp tingles/buzzing. I'm just wondering if this is "normal" with MS? Am I going to have to deal with an increase in neurological symptoms every time I get a little sick or an infection or something? I already deal with increased joint pain when my body us trying to fight something off. Now am I going to have to deal with this too?

I'm just worried because I'm on Methotrexate which suppresses the immune system, and with 3 kids in school and a toddler, I get sick WAY too easily a d WAY too often.

I've spent most of the past 2 days just taking it easy, lying around as much as I can with 4 kids. Lol!

Anyone have any tips for dealing with sickness and MS?

Originally posted by Jennyfoo View Post
    Is it common for an infection to cause an exacerbation of symptoms?
    Yes, infections, viruses, heat, over doing, can all cause Pseudo-exacerbations.

Yes, pseudo-exacerbations can happen everytime you get sick
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Bless you heart. I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad.

I know for me when i get sick my SX act up. I have also have noticed that when the infection is gone my SX go away.

I have not yet figered out away for dealing with sickness and you SX.

(((((hugs))))) and get well soon.

Comment

Whenever I get a cold, or even a cold sore...1 week later I can count on buzzing and tingling. It usually lasts a week or two then disappears. I guess I should just be happy it hasn't been anything worse. Well, actually the worse it got was about three years ago...I had a cold sore, then a nasty cold...2 weeks later...optic neuritis..ugh...

Take care!
        Dx 06/07
        Copaxone

Comment

Working...
        X