Nuvigil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvigil

My husband was prescribed Nuvigil for fatigue, is anyone taking this? I read on the internet a lot of side effects.

I take it and love it. I had very mild side effects... kinda felt drunk...for a few days while adjusting. Felt great after 3 days. It works very well for me at the 250 mg dose.

Yes, there are potential side effects, but there are for every single drug ever made. Ever read the box for Advil or Tylenol?

Comment

Thank you for your reply! and yes there are warnings for everything, I feel bad he is so tired but I dont want to make him feel worse!

Comment

No problem! You never know how an individual will react to each new med,of course. I hope it works as well for him as it does for me.

After all the problems I've had with meds ( I'm allergic to Benadryl, if that gives you an idea), I just go for it. You can always switch to something else if it doesn't work or you can't tolerate it and if it works well, the what-ifs and potential issues were worth it.

Comment

I will pass this along to him, thanks and have a great day

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBones View Post
            I take it and love it. I had very mild side effects... kinda felt drunk...for a few days while adjusting. Felt great after 3 days. It works very well for me at the 250 mg dose.

Yes, there are potential side effects, but there are for every single drug ever made. Ever read the box for Advil or Tylenol?
            The feeling 'drunk' is not a side effect, but a rash, swelling of the throat and itching is.

Swelling of the throat is very serious as it will impede your breathing.

I've had swelling and itchy rashes from other meds, so I am very leary of trying the nuvigil.

Wondering if anyone has cut the pill in half or third? Then side effects might not be so severe or last long.

Diane
            You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeD View Post
              The feeling 'drunk' is not a side effect, but a rash, swelling of the throat and itching is.

Swelling of the throat is very serious as it will impede your breathing.

I've had swelling and itchy rashes from other meds, so I am very leary of trying the nuvigil.

Wondering if anyone has cut the pill in half or third? Then side effects might not be so severe or last long.

Diane
              Diane, when I say "drunk" I mean that headachey, sick to your stomach dizziness you get when you've had too many. So yes, they are side effects.

Not a rash or swelling, which would indicate an allergic reaction, two seriously different things. As you said an allergic reaction could be extremely serious, life threatening even. Side effects could make you miserable, but for the most part aren't harmful in the long run
              (except stuff like liver/kidney damage that some meds give you, but those aren't immediate life threatening issues like an allergic reaction would be).

Comment

Half pill seems ok

Diane
                I just tried Nuvigil for the first time this morning and cut the pill in half. (I hate being "medicated"!). Seems to relieve the fatigue, but I do feel a bit "buzzy", like too much coffee. Other than that, at least I've been able to get through the day!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBones View Post
                  Diane, when I say "drunk" I mean that headachey, sick to your stomach dizziness you get when you've had too many. So yes, they are side effects.

Not a rash or swelling, which would indicate an allergic reaction, two seriously different things. As you said an allergic reaction could be extremely serious, life threatening even. Side effects could make you miserable, but for the most part aren't harmful in the long run
                  (except stuff like liver/kidney damage that some meds give you, but those aren't immediate life threatening issues like an allergic reaction would be).
                  Sorry, I haven't been drunk for a long time :-) I didn't think of sick to your stomach. I did think of mental confusion. hmmmm
                  You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Sorry, I haven't been drunk for a long time :-) I didn't think of sick to your stomach. I did think of mental confusion. hmmmm
                    LOL...I haven't either, but I remember that feeling very,very vividly!
                    The cow calls himself cactus.

Comment

Working...
                    X