Something new...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something new...

For the past couple of weeks I have noticed that I am continually wiping the left side of my mouth. It seems as though saliva is, shall I say, leaking out. At first I did not give it much thought much now it has become a doggone annoyance. I am not sure what has caused this to happen just out of nowhere. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or has anyone heard of this?
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I'm not sure if this is the same thing as what you're experiencing but I've had the left side of my face go numb with a drooping smile but it got better as I was coming out of my exacerbation. It definately felt weird and like I was drooling sometimes.

I hope you get better soon.

Take Care
    Silverlinings

Comment

I had this problem last week. I keep a napkin in my hand and was wiping the left side of my mouth every few minutes because it felt like I was drooling. Each time my mouth was totally dry but the feeling would not go away. It lasted for 2 days then stopped.

I have weakness on my left side and some sensory issues with my taste so I figured it was just part of that. Now if I could just get my sense of taste back under control. Everything I eat either tastes really salty or that it is full of soap suds.

It is really annoying to deal with pseudo-drool. Hope you find relief soon.
      "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

Drooling also!

HiWaydnsouth I have been drooling for years. I just thought it was me getting older. Maybe it is part of the MS. My wife wanted to know why my pillow was alway wet. Then I was watching our Grandson getting a tooth and saw and heard him make a sucking sound with the "drool." Later I heard myself unconsciously making the same sound as I wiped it away.

I was horrified at first thinking how long had I been doing this in public. Now I am long past the teething stage and thinking of dentures. But I too must admit to the drooling. Now I carry a bandana around as much for sweat here in FL as well as my drooling.

I know it can be truly embarrassing but now that you brought it up we can go public. You just have to find a way around the stigma of it. I put a towel on my pillow also to help.

My wife teaches foreign languages and often during the summer break she takes a group to Europe. I accompanied her one year and we rode a bus for 21 days through 9 countries with 36 High school students. I fell asleep on the bus which is foolhardy as well as dangerous. Now to my horror there are numerous pictures of me circulating at my wife's high school with me with my mouth wide open, snoring, drool running down the corner of my mouth and my shirt soaked. I guess we just have to have a laugh at ourselves and move on.

Are you way down south like my wife - Mobile Al. Or like me in Tampa Fl. There are two kinds of south.
        J.

Comment

Working...
        X