Rebif question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebif question

I have been noticing that I'm SUPER TIRED & SUPER GRUMPY all the darn time!! I would say that I'm almost agitated all the time, or rather, VERY easily agitated. Of course, the fatigue may just be the MS. I know that depression can be a side effect of Rebif (& the other interferons). I've never had depression issues but I'm wondering if that is what's happening to me??? I've been on Rebif for 11 weeks, so still fairly new to it. I'm on the 22 mcg. dose. Thoughts? Anyone else with similiar experiences? I will mention it to my doc when I see her in a few weeks.

I was the last person you'd want to be around when I was on Rebif. I did not do well generally with it and was just horribly cranky from how bad it made me feel.

I was constantly on edge, cried at the drop of a hat and got very ...um, let's say snippy. I can't say if it was technically a side effect of the drug or a result of how sick it made me, but yeah, I was not fun.

If it helps, I was on Rebif a total of maybe 6 weeks before I was able to take my first full dose, which gave me hives. I was taken off it and put back on Copaxone.

Comment

Coco
      I think we started Rebif about the same time, and I am dealing with the same stuff. I am very moody, on edge, can snap at anything, anyone any time, and cry easily. I feel overwhelmed to the point that it makes me very agitated and not want to do anything at the same time.

After my fourth child was born, I struggled with postpartum depression. I was feeling the exact same way then that I am feeling now. I went on Cymbalta at that point, and it helped. I stayed on it for 15 months, and then I was able to come off.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to go back on something now because I can't very well quit the Rebif. And like you, I strongly suspect it is the Rebif causing the depression. I was on Avonex for 10 weeks, and I didn't feel like this.

I HATE medication, and I don't want to add any additional ones unless it is necessary, so I am trying to push through and see if this stuff gets better, but so far--nope!
      Melody
      Diagnosed 1/28/10

Comment

Same here

I have been having a very tough time with the Rebif. I've been extremely quick tempered and my fatigue has gone from bad to unbearable; I've even been missing work here and there. On top of it all my hair is thinning quite a bit, from what I understand that's not a super common side affect but lucky me, I got it!

I switched from Avonex about 6 weeks ago so I'm still adjusting (just got to the full 44 dose last week). I'm hoping it will improve. Good luck.

Comment

Hi there!

I too take Rebif and was on Avonex before. I kept relapsing with the Avonex and was switched to Rebif, all within the first year of my diagnosis (and onset of symptoms). So, with my symptoms of depression, I had it pretty constantly from the get-go, and I'm not sure if they really got worse with Rebif.

That being said, I did start taking Lexapro about a year ago, and this has made such a signficant difference in my life and has helped with the depression.

I know, it's another pill to take, but it has really helped with the constant "weepies" and irritability. Yay.

So, good luck with your journey. I don't know how you feel about A/D's but they have helped me.

Blessings,
          Biscuit
          Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
          Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by roo613 View Post
            Coco
            I think we started Rebif about the same time, and I am dealing with the same stuff. I am very moody, on edge, can snap at anything, anyone any time, and cry easily. I feel overwhelmed to the point that it makes me very agitated and not want to do anything at the same time.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to go back on something now because I can't very well quit the Rebif. And like you, I strongly suspect it is the Rebif causing the depression. I was on Avonex for 10 weeks, and I didn't feel like this.

I HATE medication, and I don't want to add any additional ones unless it is necessary, so I am trying to push through and see if this stuff gets better, but so far--nope!
            I'm with you, I really don't WANT to take another medication BUT would be willing to try one cause I certainly don't want to feel like a huge ********* all the time!

BTW, are you on the 44 mcg dose or 22? Just curious, because as you said, I think we started about the same time. Other than the moodiness I've been happy with Rebif. I do get the red spots & do have a headache the day after my shot. Seems pretty minimal as far as what I've heard about side effects though.

Comment

Originally posted by CocoH View Post
              I'm with you, I really don't WANT to take another medication BUT would be willing to try one cause I certainly don't want to feel like a huge ********* all the time!

BTW, are you on the 44 mcg dose or 22? Just curious, because as you said, I think we started about the same time. Other than the moodiness I've been happy with Rebif. I do get the red spots & do have a headache the day after my shot. Seems pretty minimal as far as what I've heard about side effects though.
              I am doing the 44 mcg. I, too, have the red spots and slight headaches. Other than that I feel good. Except for the extreme moodiness!!
              Melody
              Diagnosed 1/28/10

Comment

Working...
              X