Liver Biopsy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liver Biopsy

Has anyone ever had a liver biopsy? I have been taken off all meds due to high liver enzymes, after recent blood work they are still high so I have to have a liver biopsy. The GI specalist thinks it is autoimmune disease of the liver.
    I say great, why not. In the meantime, I am having flares and loads of pain!
    Has this happened to anyone, I am scared.
    Thanks

Nanster, I am so sorry that you are having this problem. My gastro had thought I would have to have this but they managed to find my trouble with an ERCP. It was a clogged duct into pancreas and not the liver. I asked several people about the liver biopsy procedure and they said it wasn't nearly as bad as they had expected it to be. I hope they fined out what is causing the high enzymes soon and that it can be treated.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

My MIL had one done and she is kind of a whimp and SHE said it was not hard at all.

The hardest part of this, as well as any medical test I've ever had myself, is waiting for the &^% results and jumping out of your skin everytime the phone rings!

Hope you get to the bottom of this matter soon. Good luck.
      Tawanda

Comment

Hi Nanster,

I don't know anything about the liver or it's procedures but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Undergoing these tests is exhausting and surely nerve racking. I hope you get the answers that you need soon.

BIG HUGS~

Love, Jami Lea

Comment

Working...
        X