It's All My Fault :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's All My Fault :(

I went to the hospital yesterday morning by ambulance around 2:30 a.m. Saturday night, the pain started and felt like period cramps but no menstrual cycle occurred. I ate a steak and some cooked veggies. I shouldn't have but I was so tired of eating just bananas, rice cakes, apple sauce, yogurt and toast. I was HUNGRY DAMMIT!

Sunday, my husband had to give me halves of his pain pills because the cramp started again Sunday morning and it wouldn't let up that time. I had 3 episodes Sunday but after given an immediate release pain pill, it went away (or was masked) I don't know.

2:30 a.m Monday rolls around, I got up to go to the restroom because I thought I had to urinate really bad, I ended up falling to the floor screaming out for my husband. Another trip to the ER. They discharged me and said they didn't need to do another scan because they already believe it's ulcerative colitis but I need to get the colonoscopy done sooner than the 19th because obviously, this problem is persisting.

I just left a message for my GI doctor. I missed 2 days of work again I'm afraid to lose my job

I was hungry

Oh, bless your heart! I'm so sorry you're going through this! I don't blame you one bit for eating. I probably would have done the same thing.

I hope you get some answers and relief soon. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Big hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Jamilea,
      Omg, I hope that you can get the colonoscopy done asap and they can find out what's wrong. I'm sorry that you are going through this and I pray that your job is secure and that you're able to eat again without worry! Hang in there...
      Jill

Comment

I'm so sorry!

Yes, you definitely need to get that colonoscopy done ASAP. Hopefully now that you've had a second major episode they'll get you in promptly.

Of course you were hungry! You weren't getting anywhere near enough protein or vegetables, so your body was crying out for what it needed. Please try the V-Fusion juices I suggested, and work on getting more protein (are you still eating eggs regularly?). Meat/poultry don't have fiber, so you should be able to tolerate modest amounts providing you chew very thoroughly.

If your doctors don't suggest an appointment with a dietician (nutritionist) soon after you have your colonoscopy, you might need to insist on one. You need help managing your (probable) ulcerative colitis.

Also, stress reduction techniques are important to long-term management: meditation, biofeedback, etc. Again, ask your doctors for a referral.

Gentle hugs to you.

Comment

Jamilea, I am so sorry that you are having that problem. Let us know what you find out.
          "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Oh dear HUGS~! Sorry you are repeating this pain and of course you are hungry.

Make sure you tell them that it felt like your period this time too. Did they palpate your lower abdomen? Just want to make sure its not something other than your intestinal problem. How long have you waited for the GI appt and colonoscopy? Do you have your prep stuff for colonoscopy?

Its interesting that this comes around the same time during the night. ...

Oh, there are protein and electrolyte drinks..if you can tolerate them..good luck

HUGS, Jan
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Women are so friggin' hard on themselves! How could you possibly blame yourself for anything here? Even if you feel guilty you ate toast and yogurt, take a lesson from my husband and blame the toast and yogurt!

Seriously, many times I wonder if I should have fought harder to keep working despite the M.S. setbacks. Living on SSDI=Living in poverty!

Here's to your health!
              Tawanda

Comment

My GI doctor didn't even know I was in the hospital. She called for an emergency colonoscopy this Thursday so that will be 3 days missed from work. I just have to trust that whatever happens, is not my fault...

Comment

Originally posted by mjan View Post
                  Oh dear HUGS~! Sorry you are repeating this pain and of course you are hungry.

Make sure you tell them that it felt like your period this time too. Did they palpate your lower abdomen? Just want to make sure its not something other than your intestinal problem. How long have you waited for the GI appt and colonoscopy? Do you have your prep stuff for colonoscopy?

Its interesting that this comes around the same time during the night. ...

Oh, there are protein and electrolyte drinks..if you can tolerate them..good luck

HUGS, Jan
                  Thanks for the hugs my dear cyberMomma lol Hugs back to you, BIG hugs! You are SO thoughtful.

Yes it is interesting that both episodes happened at night. I just had an ultrasound done and it came back normal. That's the first time since I was 14 that it was normal. They still can't figure out why I'm not having menses and I'm going on 9 months now. My OBGYN has ordered tests for pituitary, prolactin, FH, FSH and a bunch of other things to make sure everything is okay.

I do have the prep solution, just got it today. I didn't wait to see a GI. After the last hospital visit, I followed up with one that week. She scheduled the colonoscopy for the 19th. Well it's apparent I couldnt' wait that long in her opinion so she asked me to get the procedure this Thursday instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
                    I'm so sorry!

Yes, you definitely need to get that colonoscopy done ASAP. Hopefully now that you've had a second major episode they'll get you in promptly.

Of course you were hungry! You weren't getting anywhere near enough protein or vegetables, so your body was crying out for what it needed. Please try the V-Fusion juices I suggested, and work on getting more protein (are you still eating eggs regularly?). Meat/poultry don't have fiber, so you should be able to tolerate modest amounts providing you chew very thoroughly.

If your doctors don't suggest an appointment with a dietician (nutritionist) soon after you have your colonoscopy, you might need to insist on one. You need help managing your (probable) ulcerative colitis.

Also, stress reduction techniques are important to long-term management: meditation, biofeedback, etc. Again, ask your doctors for a referral.

Gentle hugs to you.
                    Hi Sequoia, thanks for your continued support and hugs back to you I will see about getting into a nutritionist as soon as they find out what's going on. They still aren't definitive on the MS yet. There are a lot of things to be ruled out. It seems to me that something is attacking a lot of my body. I really hope and pray they find out soon because I'm exhausted!

Comment

Originally posted by Shashi View Post
                      Oh, bless your heart! I'm so sorry you're going through this! I don't blame you one bit for eating. I probably would have done the same thing.

I hope you get some answers and relief soon. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Big hugs,

Lisa
                      Thanks Lisa for your support and prayers and BIG hugs back to you

Comment

Thank you Jill and Coco for your posts. I crave the support just like we all do. *HUGS*

And Tawanda, you are so right. I have always been hard on myself. It's hard to take it easy on myself and difficult because I can't do a lot of the things that I once did and it's upsetting as I'm sure others can relate.

I blamed myself for eating the steak and veggies when those things irritate the colon.

Comment

I just went thru the colonoscopy for about the same symptoms, cramps all the time, feeling sick, having to be real careful everything I ate or I'd spend my day in the bathroom doubled over with cramps, crying, sweating, just awful. The Gastro guy wanted to rule out ulcerative colitis, because it is a autoimmune disorder. I did not have that, but I do have ulcers, diverculitis and inflammation. It made me miserable but at least I know what I'm dealing with. Finally I was prescribed Librax and now I'm starting to feel more normal, I have my days, just have to watch what I eat and I have NO willpower sometimes but pay for it later and when you work a job it's rough. (unless I can move my desk in the bathroom, I have to usually leave and go home).
                          Some advice if you have to drink the golytely for the prep, cut a lemon up, suck on it after every glass it kills the taste or rinse your mouth out with lemonade.
                          Your in my prayers, hope you feel better soon!

Comment

Ah Jamilea~~ just wanted to pipe in here and also send you HUGE cyber hugs... rainbows and stardust and everything soft! Please don't be hard on yourself and get better quickly!!
                            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Brenda,

It's nice to know I'm not alone. Thank you very much for sharing your story.

Wow! What a great idea with the prep solution. They gave me something called NuLightly (sp?). I didn't expect them to put a gallon jug on the counter with some powder stuff at the bottom LOL. Inserted into the handle of the jug is some lemonade flavoring. Should I do both the lemon and the flavoring?

I'm not excited about the prep but I want to find out what's going on and at least I'll have a colon cleanse experience. I'm sure that's good for my bowels.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X