just a giggle & a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a giggle & a ?

Dad tried to sneak outside to weed the flower bed this afternoon. I went after him and tried to get as much of it done as I could before I had to administer CPR. Got about 3/4 of the way done when I went inside to get us some water. We had been out for an hour it so & we are in Florida. When I came back outside he was just wilting into a seated position. Them as I leaned over to give him his water...I toppled over right next to him. Shoulda had it on video. Bout that time it started to rain. Figure it was God telling a couple of knuckleheads to knock off working in the heat.
    I had posted on Saturday asking if anyone knew anything about Dr. Moore at Shands in Gainesville. If you know or have an opinion I would appreciate what you have to say. Thnx.
    And if it doesn't get better, it will at least get different. Make it an adventure!

So glad you can laugh at yourself. I do it all the time.

Too funny.

JudySz

Comment

I love your moniker. So do you root for the Dolphins or the Jaguars? I take option 1 on that. That was a funny story. I have had similar instances and thank goodness no one outside of my family saw what had occurred. At least you had the cold water and eventually got up. I think that if that happened to me now, I would have to crawl to the door and pull myself up that way. Thanks for the great laugh!
      "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

NOT a good idea to weed in this heat! I'm glad you made it inside before needing rescue to come to the house.

I'm sorry, I don't know the doctor. I live in the very hot and humid SE PA (Philadelphia). Hopefully, someone who lives down your way will pop-in with some advice.
        “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Thanks for the giggle. It is easy to feel pity for yourself but I think laughter is alway better. Keep the positive attitude. Oh yeah definitly know about the heat, i live in mississippi its hot here even in the winter.
          "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

Dr. Moore at Shands in Gainesville!

Originally posted by dollfinn View Post
            Dad tried to sneak outside to weed the flower bed this afternoon. I went after him and tried to get as much of it done as I could before I had to administer CPR. Got about 3/4 of the way done when I went inside to get us some water. We had been out for an hour it so & we are in Florida. When I came back outside he was just wilting into a seated position. Them as I leaned over to give him his water...I toppled over right next to him. Shoulda had it on video. Bout that time it started to rain. Figure it was God telling a couple of knuckleheads to knock off working in the heat.
            I had posted on Saturday asking if anyone knew anything about Dr. Moore at Shands in Gainesville. If you know or have an opinion I would appreciate what you have to say. Thnx.
            www.cancernetwork.com/display/article/10165/1169661 I found an article about him. Its interesting.
            Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Working...
            X