Anyone NOT on MS medicine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone NOT on MS medicine?

I was on copaxone,had side effects then put on rebif, site reactions..have not taken any MS interferons for over a year,since I was put on medicare.... I am feeling okay...anyone else that can't afford the meds?

Hi msjoni,

I don't use and have never used any DMD. I can afford them I just choose not to use them.

If you want to use a DMD but can't afford them there is help. Here is some information you might find helpful:
    http://msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100575
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I've chosen not to go on DMD's, although I do take LDN. MS for at least 10 years and doing well.

C

Comment

Hi Joni~

I have SPMS and choose to go off copaxone this spring. Neuro said OK as long as I have another MRI in a year. So far, so good! Not better, but not worse!! Smiles
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I am not on any MS meds now, though I took Copaxone from 2002 when I was "officially" diagnosed until 2008 when I could no longer afford it.

I first was suspected of having MS around 1975 when there were no good diagnostic tests, and no treatments. I still work full-time and do most of the things I want to do, as I have mainly fatigue which responds to Provigil, and a weak right leg, which I just live with. No more hiking or long walks.

I think I am doing pretty much the same in the 2 years I have been off Copaxone as I was doing before, but if it were affordable, I would take a DMD just to do my best to stay healthy. I did not have any side effects with C that were bad enough to make me stop. On the other hand, I don't feel strongly enough to pay $800 a month for the co-pay, as that would be a major sacrifice financially, not putting the youngest of our children through college. Not worth it to me.

Comment

I am also not taking any DMD right now. have tried copaxone and avonex. i feel sicker with them. so far, pretty good.

Comment

Thanks so much for all your replies! I might just try the LDN..if that doesn't work,I'll just hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by msjoni View Post
                I was on copaxone,had side effects then put on rebif, site reactions..have not taken any MS interferons for over a year,since I was put on medicare.... I am feeling okay...anyone else that can't afford the meds?

Hi Joni, I have never taken the MS meds either. I don't have insurance and don't get Medicare until February.
                I do take baclofen, neurontin, and when needed for the residual pain from spasms, vicodin

Comment

no MS drugs

Joni, I have chosen not to take the DMD so far. I have taken LDN for 4 years and would not give it up. You should be sure and do research before you start LDN because you might feel worse before you felt better (I think starting with a lower dose and working your way up to 4.5 mg helps with this). There is lots of good info on the low dose naltrexone site. I also eat strictly by my blood type (Blood Type Diet - AB non-secretor), which also seems to help me. The BTD is a pain in the butt, but is worth it for me (I don't have to forgo the red wine ).

Comment

If you're not doing meds, you should be sure you're getting enough vitaminD, like 10,000iu per day. That has a tremendous effect on relapses. Also, you should look at diet.

http://www.overcomingmultiplescleros...gram-Overview/

Comment

Working...
                    X