International Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Insurance

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has experience of international medical insurance. If anyone has obtained insurance with an international company (such as BUPA, etc.), I'd be really grateful if you could let me know. I'm outside the US so national companies are no good.

Likewise, if you have been turned down because of your MS It would also be useful to know which companies to avoid.

I've been told that it will be impossible for me to obtain medical insurance and this will be disastrous as where I live, employers have to provide insurance. If they can't insure me I will be unemployable. So frustrating!

Thanks for any input!

International insurance

Hi Hotandsandy, I used to have cigna last year and we (hubby's employer) switched to aetna. I think it is feasible but not sure how it goes. I was in the process of being diagnosed so it might have been probable ms in the paperwork. My deductible is about 25% for meds and can't really say how much we paid for the exams, with the cigna i remember the neuro opht was a nightmare, we paid over usd 550 for an hour as deductible.
    I hope this helps.
    RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
    on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
    Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

Thanks Maple. I've got my hubby looking into Aetna. Are you still in Moscow? If so, I hope you're not suffering too much from the heat and smog.

Did you get any further with your queries about bringing Copaxone?

Sandy

Comment

Working...
      X