New symptom...any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New symptom...any ideas?

I have aching pain at the area where my legs are attached (crease at top of legs) and now aching in my lower legs too some. It usually happens after sitting at the computer for awhile.

I wondered if this is how paralysis progresses because it has slowly come on with more dead feeling in the legs.
    Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

I had this

I had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago. I first noticed it after a long car trip, then it got worse through the week. I finally figured out it was coming from a lymph node, and the pain was radiating down the inside of my leg. I am being treated for the infection, and so far the pain is gone. I don't know if that helps, but I wish you the best.

Comment

i have this also

My worst problems with my legs is when I am sitting at the computer also. I have some disk problems in my lower back so I am unsure of the exact cause. I can say that since I was put on iv steroid treatment and neurontin it has gotten better.

I am still having problems with weakness on my left side and my left arm is still a problem. But back to your question I was told to report any problem that last over 24 hours rather it is new or if it is a worstening of and existing problem. I would call it in to the neuro to report it.

Hope you find relief soon. Leg pain and spasms are horrible.
      "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

Hello Snuzzer

Sorry that you are going through this, but it is nice to meet you.

Sitting to long anywhere can cause my leg problems to be magnified.

You didn't say if you were in a w/c or not. If not, get up and walk around very half hour or so to get the circulation going. Or look up some leg exercises on the net to help circulation. The muscles need new blood flow. Changing position can help too. A little of this and a little of that keep us going.

I have noticed that unless I move around a bit, my numbness, weakness and all the other leg sx get worse.

I would like nothing better than to be on the computer 24/7 when I am having a bad time, but, it just seems to make it worse

Good luck Dear. Come back and let us know how you are doing

Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the responses! I have told my neuro and orthopaedic Dr. about it and got nothing. So, when it aches my husband helps me put my feet up and does some stretching with me. Being in a wheelchair now for almost 6 yrs. makes it hard to do much. I do put an ice pack on my lap sometimes and it helps.
          Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Working...
          X