Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about blood tests!

Hello!

I have a question! I guess i'm kind of confused so i'm hoping someone will know the answer to this!!

I was tested for CCP Antibodies IgG/IgA. I got a weak positive result. The limits are:
    0-19 normal
    20-39 weak positive
    40-59 moderate positive
    >59 strong positive.

My result was 20. I don't have many symptoms for RA. The only real symptom I have is left sided joint pain, which lasts for a few seconds and then goes. The rest of my symptoms are neurological. My RA Factor was negative.

My rheumatologist didn't think that I had RA, but ran a ton of tests, this one included. My question is, can this test be used to confirm or rule out other autoimmune conditions? Or is it strictly to confirm or rule out RA?

Thanks guys! Any help would be great! I just don't have a clue what this means! My regular PCP said it was testing for Connective Tissue Disorders, and other things. I'm not really worried about the result per se, since it's barely above normal. It's just weird to have so many normal results and then actually have one show up abnormal and I was interested to see what it was testing for!

I can tell you RA is typically bilateral in nature.

A 20 on the CCP is not going to cause many to pat an eye about it. These are averages and must be coupled with other criteria. It might mean more if you had positive RF and ANAs, but by itself it really means nothing given the number. You could easily go in tomorrow and it be 15 or 25.

I am sure you know, it is one test.

If you do want to know about RA I can talk about it all day long. I have had it for 15 years.
    DH - RRMS (DX 9/10/10), GERD, Asthma
    Me - RA, Sjogren's, Joint replacement queen
    DS - T1 Diabetes, Seizures, Asthma

Comment

Working...
    X