spontaneous bruising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spontaneous bruising

Hello to all, and thank you in advance for reading this!

So about a week ago, I was cooking dinner when all of a sudden it hurt my thumb to hold the knife, I looked at my thumb and there was blue dot deep under the skin! With in 2 hours about 1/2 of the top of my thumb was blue and red and purple and slightly swollen, like there was bleeding under my skin!

I went to the ER and by time I was seen it had faded to a light pink, they ran a few blood tests and an echocardiogram and said they found nothing, but it was possibly a blood clot!

By the time I woke up in the morning there was nothing there at all!

Yesterday, as usual my feet and ankles hurt in the morning, but this time it was different more pronounced in my right ankle. Shortly after rising I noticed a faint blue bruise on the top of my ankle! It is very sore, especially to the touch on the bruise and around the area, it is slighlty swollen, and the bruise keeps getting worse and worse.

It is now deep red growing in size and quite painful, my toes feel weird and sometimes pain shoots up my calf! I did not injure myself on either occasion. I had considered going to the ER again but am so sick of being told "I don't know" and being looked at like I'm crazy!

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

Hello Casey

If they said it was a possible blood clot, I wouldn't hesitate returning to the ER.

Good luck to you with this. Let us know how you make out.

Comment

So sorry for all you are going through. But instead of the ER go to URGENT care or call your doctor. ER docs are looking for life/death events mostly and do not have the time to explore other causes usually.

BUT your doc wants to either rule something in or out.
      Your type of bruising without any bumps for example, should be looked at by a doctor.

Hopefully you listened to Joan and maybe have already gone to see a doctor.

Please let us know how it went ok?

HUGS, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

thanks!

To both Joan and Mjan! Thanks for your input! I have made appts for both my general doc and neuro! Hopefully I can stop putting myself on the back burner and begin to get some answers along with medication, treament, and tests I need! I didn't think these bruises we're ms related but, you can't ever be too sure with its wide range of crazy symtoms! This probably has something to do with my blood clotting problem or maybe something new to add to my plate! We shall see!

Hope you two are doing well!

Hugs!

Comment

Working...
        X