Semi-diagnosis=probable MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi-diagnosis=probable MS

So, with lesions on my MRI, symptoms, and already having one autoimmune disease(Ankylosing Spondylitis), the neuro suggests it's "probable MS.". That's as far as he can say for now.

There is a small chance that my lesions were completely due to taking Humira for the arthritis. If that is the case, then my symptoms should continue to improve and I will not have a relapse. However, it is more likely that the MS was lying in wait and the Humira just made it rear it's head faster. There's really no knowing until I do or do not relapse.

No DMDs until I do relapse. No meds for now. We'll talk possible neurontin, etc at my next visit, if I'm still having lots of irritating itchies, creepy crawlies, etc. If I do relapse, then we'll talk about steroids, etc. It's a difficult call since I'm diabetic. It'll all depend on how severe the symptoms are. If it's warranted, then I'll be admitted to the hospital for it, so they can monitor my blood glucose and teach me to do insulin if it's needed.

Pretty much what I expected to hear, no shocker. It's just good to know I'm not crazy and there's a real reason for all the weirdness over the past few months.

Thanks for the report. Interesting that the Humira may play a role. Hoping for that small chance that you will not relapse.

Many people decide to not do steroids for exaserbations for different reasons. Steroids are believed to speed recovery, but often the long term outcome is the same. Hoping you won't have to make that decision anytime soon!

Comment

Hi Jennyfoo

I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with so many problems.

I have been dx as a pre-diabetic so I know how steroids can effect your blood sugar. I was started yesterday on iv steroids and my fasting blood sugar was slightly elevated this morning.

I am going to keep an eye on mine and hope they don't need to go the inpatient route with me.

Hope you don't have MS it is no fun.
      "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

Working...
      X