Nervous Breakdown!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous Breakdown!

Our church was grieving the loss of a dear old-sainted grandfather; we all called Kenny. My dad pastors our church.

Mother and Dad were comforting the family. My husband was a pallbearer, but I (the one with MS) was unable to attend in this 90 degree weather. Tears were falling everywhere at the cemetery.

A tiny petite woman went to my mother and asked during all this bereavement, "We heard your daughter was very sick, but we don't understand what's wrong with her." Now, trying to be silent and respectful, Mother tries to answer the lady's question.

The lady says in a seemingly loud voice, "Mercy! We heard she had a bad nervous breakdown!"

Poor Mother broke out into LAUGHTER! She told me later in many ways that I did have a "nervous breakdown!"

We are still laughing about that one today!
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Hey tired_ teacher, that's a good one!!

I guess it's important that we keep a good sense of humor with this disease! Glad you and your mother can laugh together!

Comment

This is great!!!

In the words of Larry the Cable Guy " I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!"
      Falling down is easy... getting up not so much

Comment

Tired teacher, thanks for that pick me up today. I always try to have a good laugh and that sure hit the spot. On the flip side, I have been in too churches where that conversation would have gone on all in the name of "so we can pray about it". I am glad that your mom has such a great sense of humor.
        "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Working...
        X