Betaseron symptoms the second time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betaseron symptoms the second time

I started taking Betaseron in early 2009 with no issues and no symptoms. I had to stap taking it during Nov-09 due to insurance issues, but was able to pick up again last month. Since taking it again I have had nothing but problems...flu symptoms bad.

Has anyone else had a break in taking betaseron with problems occurring after picking up with it again?

I had to take almost a week off when I first started (3/4 dose and just starting the full dose) when my Rx had to be re-ordered and re-approved.
    I did a full dose once it arrived and it kicked my butt. I went back to a half dose for the next shot then a 3/4 dose, then back to the full dose and it went much smoother.

Comment

You make a very good point. I'm going to dose myself just like I did when I started the first time...1/4 for one week, 1/2 for one week, 3/4 for one week, and then full dose. Thanks Bob698.

I wonder why my neuro didn't mention this?

Comment

Just to cover your bases, I'd also call Betaplus (1-800-788-1467) and ask the nurse.
        Unless your neuro only handles MS cases, its easy to miss some of the fine points with all the different Rx out there. I'm guessing the Beta folks have seen this issue before and have a lot more experience.

Comment

Working...
        X