Copaxone Co-pays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone Co-pays

I know this has been posted before but I thought I would bring it up again.

Shared Solutions has a Copaxone Co-Pay program that will pay up to $50.00 of your co-pay per month. I know that this is not a lot but it is $300.00 per year and every cent helps. Now the drug has to be filled through a participating pharmacy, thank GOD my is (Medco), and there is two short and easy forms to fill out and mail or fax back. Also there are no income requirements. You can call their 800 number and have them email the forms over to you. They also have other financial assistance programs that if you qualify could help more.

I wish I knew about this 2 1/2 years ago.
    Romans 8:28
    Dx with RRMS in July 2001

Two and a half years ago this particular program didn't exist. It was rolled out last year. Two things that you have to do is to be on Copaxone for, I believe, over a year and keep your prescription filled on time.

I am glad Medco is on the list of pharmacies for the discount program.

Mary

Comment

That makes me feel better that I did mot miss out on that much $$$.

Thanks

Comment

Not to be a downer, but Copaxone maxes my prescription cap out by July every year. The cost has drastically increased over the last two years. While I really like this medicine THEY are making it unaffordable for me to take daily. I'm working and what I would have to pay for that medicine a month is quite a bit more than I pay for my house and car a month. Just doesn't make sense.

Comment

I know the price was around 2400 when I started taking it 2 1/2 years ago. I was at the drug store this past Friday and the Pharmacist checked the price and the average whole sale cost according to his system was over 3600. How can they justify a 1200 plus increase in 2 1/2 years. I did the math and at that price it cost over 45k a year for me to be on this drug. Thank GOD I have insurance that covers all but $50.00 and that is covered by Shared Solutions.

I am waiting for a ruling from an ALJ on disability and if I was approved I could get on Medicare. With Medicare the drug is a tear 4 and that is a 33% copay. I know there is a out of pocket max from what I understand but still I would have to put out over 1200 a month till I met the max. That is more than my house payment. There would be no way I could afford it. I guess 469 a month for my BCBS does not sound bad.

Talk soon, Dalems

Comment

My insurance made me switch mail-order pharmacies, and the new one actually posted what they billed the insurance - $3199! Yikes! That was more than what Tysabri cost.

I only pay a $30 copay, and even though I could get Shared Solutions to pay that, I told them I'd rather someone who couldn't afford the medicine to benefit. They thought I was crazy! $30 in no big deal for me, but there may come a time.....
            Brenda
            Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

I know what you mean, My copay is $30 I work for a drug store and their card I am required to use their pharmacy and they are competitive. So another pharmacy was out of the question. Oh well, such is life. I was given the option to switch to another med, but in a year it would be back to the same issue. Affordability.

Comment

My co pay is $600 per month. Shared solutions pays it all. I did not have to wait even 1 month for them to help me.

They call me monthly to make sure I am okay. In the beginning they called me weekly.

I find it very gratifying that this company would take the time to check on me and expend the resources to assist me. I certainly encourage anyone else to apply for their program.

I am very grateful for the assistance.

Justacowgirl
                Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Well I am ecstatic that Shared Solutions is helping this much with your copay! I could afford $600 a month, but I wouldn't enjoy it one bit!

So if me not taking $30 from them a month helps more of you with a huge copay, I'm grateful!
                  Brenda
                  Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

I first started on Copaxone in 2002 when the list price was about $980 per month. When my insurance changed and it went to a Tier 4 drug requiring a 25% co-pay of $800 every month (no cap on out-of-pocket for pharmacy), I had to stop taking it. The list price had gone from $980 to $3,200 in 6 years. No wonder the manufacturer can afford to help a select few - they are making a fortune on those whose insurers pay the full price.

But those of us who have an unaffordably high co-pay are just out of luck, and Shared Solutions doesn't seem to care a bit about that. $50 co-pay by the company just isn't enough to make it affordable for me. My husband and I have other medications with co-pays amounting to several hundred $$ per month, and we also pay insurance premiums of $1,200 per month (also up from previous of $900 per month). We both have good jobs (so we are not eligible for more aid) but we just can't afford even the $750 per month for the co-pay with $50 of help from Shared Solutions.

It is hard enough to scrape up $20,000 per year out of pocket per year for premiums and other co-pays and deductibles, even with two jobs; we just can't spare another $10,000 annually for Copaxone on top of the rest.

Comment

justacowgirl, I sure am glad that Shared Solutions is paying that for you. If I had a 600 co-pay there is no way I could be on this med.

Comment

Originally posted by dalems View Post
                        justacowgirl, I sure am glad that Shared Solutions is paying that for you. If I had a 600 co-pay there is no way I could be on this med.
                        And also 4boysmom

Thanks to you both. I appreciate both of your encouragement.

4boysmom....thanks for the $30 bucks!!!!

I also understand that people seem to have different opinions about Shared Solutions and their assistance funding. I found them very easy to work with and extremely understanding. I am very grateful for what they have done for me. I am not the only person they are helping by any means

Actually...we have very little income but we live quite well..we just live within our means. I can't say that I miss anything or require anything other than I have. I probably am happier than I have ever been despite the MS.

I don't have $600 bucks extra in cash right now..but when I do I will pay my copay myself.

I have never asked for help of any kind in my life. I am 53 and have never even been on unemployment. I am self employed and my business is starting to grow nicely...

So there..............that's me. Appreciative of help from Shared Solutions and a big supporter of theirs. If all corporations would give back to their customers I think the world would be a better place.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion.

Justacowgirl
                        Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

I WASNT PAYING ANYTHING FOR IT MAYBE THATS WHY I GOT THE WATERED DOWN VERSION LOL

Comment

The discount program that was put into place last year by Shared Solutions isn't based on financial need. I was previously paying $50.00/per month for Copaxone.

I called SS to ask them a question and they asked me if I had signed up for the discount program. I said no becasue I didn't want to take anything away from someone would could benefit more than I. They assured me I wasn't taking anything away from anyone so I filled out the paperwork and waited for Medco to be on their list of pharmacies.

Mary

Comment

Working...
                            X