Avonex #4 - no problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avonex #4 - no problems

I had my 4th Avonex injection last night, it was the first full dosage, I had been working my way up. I noticed that a lot of the threads are about people having the 'flu' symptoms while on Avonex and I just wanted to share my rituals that may help reduce the flu like symptoms. I take my shot around 7:00 at night, about 20-30 minutes before I take 800mg of MOTRIN, right before bed (11-11:30) I take 800mg more, and then another 800mg when I wake up in the morning. I asked my nurse if it was safe to take those amounts when she suggested that I do so, and she said yes since its only once a week. Also, the day of my shot I hydrate myself, I try to drink AT LEAST 3L of water during the day, and another 1L at night. I haven't felt any aches, shivers, fever, headache, nothing. I was also on Rebif and never had side affects either.

Just a suggestion that you might want to try if you are feeling crappy after your shot.

No matter how bad things may be or however overwhelmed you feel, just remember to say to yourself that *This too shall pass*

Originally posted by Thistoshallpass View Post
    I had my 4th Avonex injection last night, it was the first full dosage, I had been working my way up. I noticed that a lot of the threads are about people having the 'flu' symptoms while on Avonex and I just wanted to share my rituals that may help reduce the flu like symptoms. I take my shot around 7:00 at night, about 20-30 minutes before I take 800mg of MOTRIN, right before bed (11-11:30) I take 800mg more, and then another 800mg when I wake up in the morning. I asked my nurse if it was safe to take those amounts when she suggested that I do so, and she said yes since its only once a week. Also, the day of my shot I hydrate myself, I try to drink AT LEAST 3L of water during the day, and another 1L at night. I haven't felt any aches, shivers, fever, headache, nothing. I was also on Rebif and never had side affects either.

Just a suggestion that you might want to try if you are feeling crappy after your shot.

That is great! I also completed shot #4 this week. I follow a similar shot routine, and it has gotten easier every time. I started with the full dosage though, so I think my body is finally adjusting!
    Melody
    Diagnosed 1/28/10

Comment

Working...
    X