ty #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ty #2

first of all i couldda swore i wrote a thread yesterday, just goes to show i really am losing it.

i had my 2nd infusion last friday. it started at 1325 and had to be stopped at 1340. i started having the most intense itching, so nurse stopped iv bolused me with fluids and pushed 25mg benadryl iv on top of the po benadryl and tylenol i had pre infusion.

itching stopped after about 10 mins. they gave me the option to not continue the iv or give it 1 try, i gave it the try and finished the treatment.

i have an appt. with my neuro on the 18th and i will discuss this with him, but i am curious to thought/opinions on this:
    my intense itching was ONLY in the areas most affected by my ms, right arm and hand, right leg knee to toes especially foot and toes. lower back and crotch area. no hive only a really intense itching.

i know that there has got to be a logical/medical reason.

also post infusion i have been progressively weaker and my thinking is skewed, i've been increasingly angry at everything and no fever but feeling feverish, and i will be calling my neuro about this.
    "Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

You're not losing it. You did post yesterday. Just type in your "name" under search and you can see where you posted. Also along the side there is an arrow showing in what threads you have posted.

Hope this helps. I am a self taught computer person, so I understand how it can get confusing.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I am interested in how Tysabri has been working for you compared to the IVIG. I was scheduled to go on it but I am also considering waiting for the oral drug.

Has Tysabri controlled your symptoms better than IVIG? Do you notice a big difference?

Sorry that you had such a bad reaction. It sounds like it was neurological itching, which is MS related, as opposed to an allergic reaction. I'm wondering if your body is just trying to 'get used to' the new drug?

Comment

after #2

i think i'm finally on the up swing felt pretty awlful for a few days there. they are kind of a blur...

my day after the infusion was good once again.

mammamia i'm really not expecting symptom improvement, i'm just wanting this rapid progression to slow down or stop. but i have to admit the saturdays after my 2 infusions were great.
        "Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Comment

wow

i don't know what to say...

don't mean to be negative with my postings just telling my experience with Ty!

even with the negative experience so far i am worried my neuro will take me off and i want to give it a good try.

Comment

mibishe, sorry you were/are having a rough time with your infusion
            Quite a few posters get benadryl before their infusion, sounds like you needed extra. Hope your neuro gets it all figured out
            Best wishes and good luck !!
            Linda
            Linda

Comment

Originally posted by lindaincolorado View Post
              mibishe, sorry you were/are having a rough time with your infusion
              Quite a few posters get benadryl before their infusion, sounds like you needed extra. Hope your neuro gets it all figured out
              Best wishes and good luck !!
              Linda
              believe it or not i had 25mg po along with 1000mg tylenol pre infusion. then they gave me the 25mg iv during.

last week is now a mere BLUR...
              i feel like a new me starting yesterday.
              the weakness, bad balance, confusion etc. is gone.
              my head is clear and balance is back to my normal.

i had a talk with my husband and told him he has to take the initiative and if that ever happens again he has to call the doctor. he says he knew i was very "sick" but i kept telling him i'd be ok.

thank you everyone for being so patient with my bizarre posting/ranting/rambling.

Comment

Working...
              X