600 MG GABAPENTIN (NEW)
    100 HCL AMANTADINE (NEW)
    20 MG BACLOFEN (NEW)
    505 MG ACETYL L CARNITINE (NEW)
    205 MG ALPHA LIPOIC ACID (NEW)
    3 MG LORAZAPAM (AT BEDTIME)
    50 MG TRAZADONE (AT BEDTIME)
    30 MG MORPHINE (AT BEDTIME)

I AM EXPERIENCING A SEVERE HEADACHE THAT WON'T GO AWAY. NOW IF IT IS A SIDE EFFECT OF ANY OF THE NEW MEDS....MY CHOICE IS STOP THE MEDS. AND LET THE MS SYMPTOMS COME BACK...OR DEAL WITH THE SEVERE HEADACHE SO THE MS SYMPTOMS DONT COME BACK????

I'M DAMNED IF I DO AND I'M DAMNED IF I DON'T...

felicheeks,

It is important to start one medication at a time giving about one or two weeks time before starting another new med. This also includes supplements since side effects can also have side effects or simply not agree with you.

When you start two or more meds at about the same time it becomes almost impossible to know if you are having side effects from a medication or even which medication.

Your doctor should have explained this to you at the time he prescribed the new medications.

Since you are already taking several new medications talk to your doctor to decide the best approach. Supplements you can stop taking without a problem.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

THX

THANK YOU, I THINK I'M WITH THE DOCTOR FROM HELL, EVERY TIME I TELL SOMETHING SHE HAS DONE OR SAID, I HEAR I SHOULD GET A SECOND OPINION....

Comment

Just a quick look at your Rx, and I'm far from an expert, it seems your Dr. has you riding a rollercoaster in terms of meds.
        ALC and Amantadine have a speed-like effect (for fatigue) then you've got some serious downers (I'm assuming for pain?) later in the day.
        How many Amatadine do you take a day? According to my Neuro, 3 a day is the max (300 mG) I can take.
        I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'd also look into a second opinion.

Comment

If you're taking ALA and ALC, you probably don't need the amantadine. In university studies, both of these supplements have been shown to be as or more effective than amantadine in alleviating fatigue from MS.

If it were me, I'd leave the amantadine off and give the ALA and ALC time to work. But that's just me. (ALA and ALC have been nothing short of miraculous for me. They've given me my life back!)
          Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

By the way, one of the side effects of Amantadine is headaches according to Medscape. com.
            Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
            Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Shashi View Post
              By the way, one of the side effects of Amantadine is headaches according to Medscape. com.
              Is that one of those "some people" things because that's news to me?
              I'm taking up to three a day and no headaches at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob698 View Post
                Is that one of those "some people" things because that's news to me?
                I'm taking up to three a day and no headaches at all.
                It's listed as a "common" side effect. That doesn't mean that everyone will have headaches, just that it is common for some people taking the medication to have them.

Comment

Update

THANKS EVERYONE FOR UR INFO AND COMMENTS. I AM GOING TO SEE MY PCP TOMORROW WHO I HAVEN'T SEEN SINCE BEING REFERRED TO THE NEURO. I THINK HE MIGHT MAKE SOME CHANGES TO MY MEDICATION LIST. I WILL UPDATE AFTER THE APPT.

Comment

Working...
                  X