shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shoes

Since my right leg is weak, I sometimes catch my toe and stumble when walking. Finding the right shoes is very difficult. I have to wear closed shoes to work (I don't want them to be ugly!). My biggest problem is finding shoes with a slippery sole. Most shoes now have traction which tends to get stuck if you don't always lift your foot enough. Does anyone have any recommendations for shoes they like? Also, I read an article in a ms magazine about 5 years ago and the Dr. recommended toe caps to make shoes slippier, but when I google it nothing comes up.

I seem to recall my dad getting toe caps put on his dress shoes to help extend wear. This is decades ago though! Wondering if a shoe repair place might be the place to call about whether these are still used? Worth a try.

Comment

If you can wear them any kind of dress flat should have a slippery sole.

JudySz

Comment

SusanKay, I am with you! I am constantly on the lookout for smooth soled shoes.

JudySz, I wish it was a simple as wearing dress flats. Even they are going the soft/sticky sole route.

I also like/need my shoes to have a strap. I don't have a lot of feeling in my feet and cannot grip like I used to.

I found a couple pair of shoes that I absolutely love that I got at Walmart on sale. Unfortunately, they are not available now. I will keep looking.

Let me know if you come up with any other suggestions!

Comment

If you can find an ole fashion SHOE REPAIR place, there are a few still around, they may have them and can put them on. Tape, like FOIL (not fabrick) duct-tape on the toe end might?? help. Just thinking out loud and may be nothing more.

Dr. Gomer

Comment

Hi newme,

I agree, most flats aren't the answer because they are often cut too low on the foot and I need more support. I also like shoes with a strap. One thing I did read on-line was to place moleskin for feet on the bottom of your shoes (this was recommended for dancers). Normally you use this on your bare foot to prevent chafing. It make your shoe slippery but eventually wears away. I didn't have to good of luck with duct tape.

I guess I need to do a lot of shoe searching.

Comment

I am always looking for shoes with a smooth bottom because I have toe-drop.

I just got a good pair from Zappos.com They are by Enzo Angiolini. They are perfect for work and come in a lot of colors. I find that Italian shoes often have leather or smooth soles. They do not have to be expensive either.

I still am searching for shoes--other than my clunky sneakers--that will fit my AFO. The search continues...

Comment

Working...
              X