Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS and a goal to follow an Advanced course.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS and a goal to follow an Advanced course.

I have the desire to follow an Advanced course to become a Pharmacy Assistant, but after the neuro visit last Friday, I'm so sad with what he told me.
    He told me that I have lesions on the optical nerve and it seems to be compromising my vision.

I was so looking forward to start with this course this week, but I don't want to quit after a few months, because I've lost my vision completely.

Does MS cause a complete vision loss?

Have you read about MS causing a complete vision loss?

My next question: do you think that I have to give up this goal that I have?

I was wondering that's why I'm asking.

Thank you so much.

To answer question #1: VERY, VERY rarely. For #2..NO WAY! Go for it!
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

G o F o r I t !

U C A N d o i t !

No it may not be easy, but you will always wonder what if, if you do not at least TRY! Let me know when you finish, I would like you to fill a script for me someday.....

Are you going to LET MS control you, or are you going to do your BEST to do what you can in spite of MS?

Dr Gomer Sez, Who's da BOSS, you or MS? (your choice)

Comment

Hello Margie

I emphatically second what Jazzgirl and Gomer have said

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Definitely don't put off your career for the mysterious "what ifs"!

How disappointing would it be if you cancel school and your eyes are fine 5 years from now?
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Thank you so much for the enouragement!

I so needed some words of wisdom and encouragement and you've given me the push in the back that I so needed.

Thank you so much from the bottom from my heart!

Comment

DH has had 3 episodes of ON.

First and third episode was left eye; second episode was the right eye. Each one he went temporarily blind for about two weeks. Resolved anywhere from one to three months.

He has 20/20 in the right eye, and 20/25 in the left. The damage to his left eye was done during the FIRST episode. he also has lesions on his optic nerve. Hasn't had ON for 6 years.

You can go blind, but not likely. Probably one of those lightening strike probabilities

Can't put off a goal for something that might happen, much less something that more than likely will not happen to you or anyone else here. Go for it!
              DH - RRMS (DX 9/10/10), GERD, Asthma
              Me - RA, Sjogren's, Joint replacement queen
              DS - T1 Diabetes, Seizures, Asthma

Comment

Working...
              X