Stem Cell Therapy for MS Patients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stem Cell Therapy for MS Patients

In all my research on this new disease that I have unfortunately acquired, I am seeing a lot of press surrounding Stem Cell Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis. Interesting stuff! It seems that some of these articles quote success rates around 65%-80%! That is AWESOME! Why isn't everyone running out and getting this done? I'm sure it is very expensive, but is money the only setback? My husband and I would like to have one more baby when he returns from this deployement. Would it be feasible to save the stem cells after the delivery? We've got money saved up for our first house, but would be more than happy to fix me instead. Could this be a reality?

Yes stem cell research is very interesting and glad you posted. Hello !

I do not believe that stem cell research is approved yet. I remember hearing a scientist in 2005 I think, talk about it and that it would be a good 10 years before it could be ready. The other thing holding the research back was the lack of funding.

But..its still experimental..promising..but..experimental.

Hope you get your new home though. All good things will come in time. May your hubby be safe.

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Hi Carrielou

If you're interested, there's a Stem Cell Therapy Forum that has some info and experiences of other members with stem cell therapy.

Just go down to the bottom right side of the page to Forum Jump. Click on Stem Cell Therapy, and you're there

Also, welcome to MS World!

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Didnt help me

Went to Costa Rico a year ago for this $30,000.00 treatment. Not only did I get no results, my MS has progressed. CR is no longer doing this. DON'T run to get this done. There is not enough info. out here. Beware of new treatments

Comment

Gizzy

Hello Gizzy

Went to Costa Rico a year ago for this $30,000.00 treatment. Not only did I get no results, my MS has progressed.
          Sorry to hear that the treatment was ineffective, and also that your MS has progressed (not to mention the cost!). That really stinks

I guess the only way for you to find out if it would work for you was to go and have the treatment.

DON'T run to get this done. There is not enough info. out here. Beware of new treatments
          I think it is wise for all of us to be cautious of new treatments that are still experimental. Thanks for the reminder!

Take care,
          KoKo
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

To Gizzy and dh from Journeyman

I don't know much about stem cell tx but I am awed that you are having to deal with this while your husband is deployed.

I have my wife here to help me and support me. I can't imagine what it is like dealing with this alone. It must be really tough.

I applaud you for your strength and for your husband for serving our country. My heart pounds heavy for you two.

God bless you both and I will say prayer for you. I will be watching for your address name in here and just know we all will support you.

God speed.
            J. Tampa, Florida USAF Vet.

Comment

Carrielou13

Gizzy I apologize. Cog Fog. I meant the letter for Carrielou13. J.

Comment

Working...
              X