Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 7/29/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 7/29/10

Hi everyone. Hey, where is everybody. Are you all on vacation? I miss seeing our regulars who are absent. Only three including myself reported this week. Poohb3ar, two pounds is great. Good for you. Sparky, remember that staying the same is success. To weigh 131 at 5'4" isn’t bad at all. Keep up the good work. I know when I was working diligently to lose this forum was invaluable to me. And, reporting in weekly does help immensely in keeping the pounds off. I do hope we will see you absentees soon. I gained a half a pound this week so weigh 110.5.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip for the Week

Eating beef may help you peel off pounds. In a study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, women on a diet that included red meat lost more weight than those eating equal calories but little beef. "The protein in steak helps you retain muscle mass during weight loss," according to study author Manny Noakes, Ph.D.

Beef is very versatile. There are countless ways you can fix it. Use your imagination or check out your favorite cookbook. Just be sure to trim the fat.

Results for 7/22/10

Total Loss: 4 lbs. by two members. Two pounds is a very healthy weight loss. Just think, two pounds a week for ten weeks adds up to a grand total of 20 lbs., a substantial weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Total Gain: 0 lbs. reported. Please don’t hide. Fessing up is good for the soul and for the waistline. Reporting helps us focus on what’s happening and to try harder. Do let us know if you have gained. We have all been there and want to lend our support.

Stayed The Same: One. I hope next week more who have stayed the same will report. This is success and don’t ever forget it. Just remember it is just the time before the next loss. Do let us know.

2926.38 is our grand total of weigh loss for the past 7 plus years.

hate to start off the first response with a gain, but i am reporting it.
    plus 1 lb. ugh! i keep playing within this same few lbs. the past month. i'm eating less and exercising more! don't know what else to do!
    plus i keep having this strange craving for boiled eggs. i don't even usually like boiled eggs! weird!(no, definitely NOT pregnant). some vitamin deficiency?
    oh well, i'll just keep at it. it's gotta come off sometime!
    take care everyone & God bless ya!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

OH NO!

please sparky, don't make us quit! i really look forward to our weightloss group. do you think the decline is due to summertime? the exercise group is also having a slump right now.
      shrinkaren, you've inspired so many, myself included, but it's understandable if you want to pass it off to someone else. i reallize the MonSter is really taking its toll on you and no one would blame you if you wanted to quit. you put a lot of time into finding us tips and keeping a 7 year track of all the pounds is impressive!
      i've really gained a HUGE appreciation for what you do since starting the Wii & exercise group. thank you for inspiring me. thank for doing it this long & doing so much work.
      i pray your health gets better.
      and will respect your decision, even if it means losing our group. i wish i could offer to take it over, but the exercise group is enough for me.
      once again thank you and may GOd bless ya!

Comment

weight loss

My problem is I cant keep weight on. It started 3 years ago when I was dx with lupus and got alot worse after my stroke and dx of stroke. im 5'3" and 2wks ago had 3 gand mal sezures went to hospital with a terribbale flare charlie horses in legs, well you know the symptoms. my dr met me at hospital and saw me skin and bones, had me weighed in and i was 104. i never remeber being at that weight. boy the dr was mad. now my husband watches everything i eat and makes sure i eat everything. but i cant gain weight. i dont know what wrong. i look horrible. i dont even reconize my self. is this a part of ms? i just got done iv steriod treatments so hopefully that will help. any suggestions?
        thanks,
        cin
        ps sorry for spelling errors

Comment

Sparky, I don't want to abandon poohb3ar or anyone else who might be interested in this forum. I wonder if there might be others who don't ordinarily log into Basic Health Matters who might be interested. I don't know how to reach them if that is the case. I would like to continue for the time being to see if others return after the summer.

Poohb3ar, thank you for your kind words. I'm so pleased to hear you feel this method works for you. I have intended to join the exercise group and will try to do that soon. I am still working part time and am having difficulty doing some of the extras. But exercise is so important. One physical therapist said she did not think I would be walking without it. I think that is an exaggeration, but I know it helps. Keep up the good work.

Cinnveet1984, I'm so sorry to hear of your difficulties. I don't know if MS contributes to weight loss in some cases. Be sure and ask your neuro about that. I hope you have success in adding weight. There are certainly many who would like to give you a few of their pounds. Keep trying to get those calories coming in. I pray that you will feel better soon. Karen

Comment

shrink karen

karen i am so happy you have decided to stay with the weight loss group you have been there for me when i needed encouragement thank you so much
            wanted to let you know that i usually post my gain or loss
            on tues night or wed. cause i do not have scales at home and if i don't post results from my tops weigh in i will forget you know that sometimers thing lol take care and will post my g. or l. before this thursday the 5th of aug. once again thank you for staying with us take care and GOD BLESS: heart:

Comment

I didn't know their was a weight loss group. I'm in a wheelchair, so trying to get off the lbs. is extremly difficult. Started two weeks ago, eating every 4 hours to keep metabolism going and of course watching the fat calories of what I am eating. I'm going for Tysabri in two days, so hopefully I'll get weighed and it will show that I lost a couple of lbs.
              Question: I do use weights and an exercise bike, even before I tried the metabolism thing, why doesn't the exercise help the weight loss?

Sue
              Glad to meet you all

Comment

posting for thurs. 5th of aug

hi everyone
                hate to report but i had a 2 lb gain for the week will try harder this week hope yall did better than me karen again i am glad you are not giving up on our weight check in group even on my bad weeks you still encourage me and i really need that yall have a great week take care and GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU

Comment

ccsitter, thanks for your kind words. It is fine to report your loss/gain whenever you can. I'll just tally it the week that it appears. Keep up the good work. Karen

mcsuzieq, good luck with tysabri. Others have reported great results with it. You have to do quite a lot of exercise for it to show on the scale. Exercise is so important even if it does not result in a weight loss. The best thing to do is just to count all of those calories and exercise all you can. You are more than welcome to join our group. Blessings, Karen

Comment

I really do want (and need) to shed some pounds and would like to become involved with this group. How do I get started?

Comment

Hi laura g!
                      I missed your question on the WiiHoo exercise group, but saw you here. This is a great group to be in!
                      Actually the exercise group idea came to me from shrinkaren. She's a real inspiration.
                      All you have to do is weigh yourself weekly (usually thurs to thurs) but any 7 day period of time will do. Then under Weightloss Checkin 8/5 for this past week, you'd post how much you gained or lost or stayed the same.
                      Many use different ways of weight loss. You don't have to share what you weigh or how you work at losing it. It's been going on for over 7 years and shrinkaren has kept up with how much has been lost that whole time!
                      Good luck with your weight and exercise, hope to see you again!
                      God bless ya!

Comment

Working...
                      X