Any one read Celestine Prophecy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one read Celestine Prophecy?

I have wathced the movie,and it was wonderful!!
    I know Im doing the whole process backwards huh? lol

But since everyones mind perceives things differently I decided to read the book also.

I just started it,now in the second chapter,and was wondering if anyone else has read it.
    With a disease like ms,you need things like this story to teach us there is more out to life than pain and all the horrible stuff that our bodies will give us day to day.

If you have read this story or want to now a lil more about the story,pleased give us your imput!! I would love to hear from other likeminded people.

Hugs,
    aly
    RRMS-2007-2012
    SPMS-2012
    Copaxone Feb,2007- 2008
    currently on Rebif

I read the book a long time ago, really liked it back then, though I sure don't remember much about it now. I also had the audio-tape and listened to it on a long drive with my daughter - she really liked it too. In fact she wrote a theme for school about the book/tape when she was in 4th or 5th grade, and I think the teacher thought she was a little weird. Probably thought I was a bad mom too! Oh well. We both liked it.

I didn't know there was a movie.

Comment

If you go to your local libary they sould have the movie,it may just be VHS but who knows.
      RRMS-2007-2012
      SPMS-2012
      Copaxone Feb,2007- 2008
      currently on Rebif

Comment

Originally posted by Alyms79 View Post
        If you go to your local libary they sould have the movie,it may just be VHS but who knows.
        Thanks! I will try this weekend.

I am very interested in New Age philosophy and practice, and I have spent a lot of time at Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California, and at Omega Institute in New York and Texas, and I have gone on 3 trips to the Amazon rain forest to study with the shamans - the traditional healers. I am in Arizona for a while working a temporary job, and I plan on going to Sedona this weekend to check out the Vortex and the local healing powers. I have taken course with Ram Dass and Wayne Dyer too, as well as several with Marianne Williamson and her "Course in Miracles work.

I take the meds my MD's prescribe (except I can't afford Copaxone or the other DMD's), but I think that alternative healing offers a lot of possibilities. IIRC, that was a focus of The Celestine Prophecy, one reason I liked it.

Comment

I HAVE

I READ THE BOOK SEVERAL TIMES AND ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH. I ALSO WATCHED THE MOVIE BUT FOUND THE BOOK MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE.

Comment

onlyairfare~ You have been many places!! wow....
            I am just doing all natural with my body,But as of right now I may be having a flare,hoping its pesudo tho. I go for the mri monday!!

I have kinda teeter tottering about going on a DMD or not.
            Ill have to give it more thought.

I am on the third chapter,and Im loving it!!
            I do pratice some of the energy. My friend is going to school to be a reki master. Her energy is awesome!
            Im learning little by little about useing my energy for good things. And how you can feel better by you toughts.
            RRMS-2007-2012
            SPMS-2012
            Copaxone Feb,2007- 2008
            currently on Rebif

Comment

I developed MS long before DMD's were available, so I have tried all kinds of healing, including I've had reiki therapy too.

The DMD's are not exactly wonder drugs, so why skip something that might help and can't hurt? Could be a coincidence, but I have done pretty well with my MS, and I think having a good attitude and using the healing power inside my own brain is a good practice.

Comment

Working...
              X