Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need information from someone living in San Antonio area, please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the A/C?

Thanks for the info, I will check into it. I just talked to someone who informed me that their A/C bill for 4-6 months of the year is HUGE because they have to run it all the time. Is that your experience? I was also told that the mold spores are horrible and some people actually get them in their lungs! I want to know the good and bad! Every place has both, I just want to weigh my options! Any information or opinions are welcomed!

I just did yard work in 85 degree heat with my cooling vest and wow it made such a difference. I highly recomend them!!
    Poohkers Diagnosed 9/99, Copaxone for over 10 years! Trust not on your own understandings, but believe in his LOVE for you!

Comment

Continued...

The San Antonio area sounds really nice. The people, the Dr.'s, job growth, etc. Just the weather that is giving us some concern. The utility bills? I know I have gotten a little off track (MS) but I need information from people who live it, people who deal with it everyday. How much do utilites run, car registration? Anything you can think of to shed some lite! Thanks agian!
      Poohkers Diagnosed 9/99, Copaxone for over 10 years! Trust not on your own understandings, but believe in his LOVE for you!

Comment

Originally posted by poohkers View Post
        The utility bills?
        That just depends on how pro-active you want to be. In my house I have five ceiling fans running on high speed all day (and two for the outdoor covered patio but that is seldom used). As my daughter gets a little older, I am going to install a ceiling fan in her room.

All this air circulation allows me to bump up the thermostat a few degrees since there is always good circulation. And I even leave the doors open to the rooms with doors that have ceiling fans because the air circulation helps a great deal.

As for living in an apartment, I always brought my own additional ceiling fan and got someone from maintenance to install it. I think every apartment I lived in had at least one ceiling fan already installed but having an extra one made a huge difference.

Also, I'll make one more plug for NISA. They always have something going on that is beneficial to MS patients so that is something to take advantage of.

Comment

I live in San Antonio and have a great MS Doctor. Dr. David Wenzel. They have another doctor who runs clinical trials out of their practice but you don't have to do that.

I stay inside more than I used to with MS but absolutely everywhere you go has air conditioning here.

Comment

Thanks ravenouswolf and dseelig!

Do either of you know anything about the mold problems in the San Anotonio area? We met someone who said he got mold spores in his lungs and had to move from Texas. He was in Houston. Just wondering because my husband has allergies. Can anyone offer how much they pay for utilites during the summer?

Comment

Working...
            X