Copaxone itch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone itch

Hello! I've been on Copaxone for over a week now. The stinging has gotten better as I have become more experienced with giving myself the shot. But the injection sites are now starting to itch like crazy! I know it's a common side effect, but my question is how long does the itch last? Will it go away as my body gets used to the medicine or is the itch just something that comes along with Copaxone and never goes away?

I think it is different for everyone...I just itch a little once in a while maybe the next day...no big deal at all.

You might try an OTC anti itch lotion.

justacowgirl
    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Hi KAK-
      My itching began about 1 month into my injections. It severely itched for about 1 week. I used benedryl spray and it helped a little. After a week I still have an occasional itch so my body must be getting used to it. Hang it there. It's different for everyone but I imagine it will subside.

Comment

Hi Kak - I was using C for about 5 years and I can assure you that the itch does go away! The initial itching doesn't last long as your body adjusts to the new med. It can be remedied with some good anti-itching lotion.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Hi Kak - I was using C for about 5 years and I can assure you that the itch does go away! The initial itching doesn't last long as your body adjusts to the new med. It can be remedied with some good anti-itching lotion.
          my itches went away too. but every once in awhile i still get them. otc benedryl creme helped me. good luck.

dave
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

There's something called witch hazel cream yujat I used when I first started copaxone, but I no longer bother with it because the itching does go away.

Comment

Thank you all so much for the responses. I've been using some topical anti-itch creme it's provided a little bit of relief. After I did my shot tonight I immediately started itching all over (chest, previous injection sites, and the site I had just injected). Is that normal or am I having an allergic reaction? Just called Shared Solutions to make sure this okay but I still wanted feedback for others who use C daily.

Comment

my "itch" never went away. but aloe worked wonders....

Comment

Same here

I have welts, redness and itching. Really unsightly too.
                  You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
                  X